Search Forum

Anyone know the Décant Shop?

Anyone know the Décant Shop? 10 years ago
www.decantshop.com/

I just stumbled in on it while aimlessly googling for "Chypre Palatin" and I'm curious, has anybody shopped with them? What was your experience?
10 years ago
I've not heard of them but it looks suspect to me. There is no phone number or street address listed on the site for them (that I can find). The only way to contact them with a query is via a web form. Personally, I would be very wary. Confused
10 years ago
I tried to find on the page their address or real company name, but I can not see it everywhere. Till you find out, who they are in reality, and where they are, I suggest not to buy from them.
10 years ago
As it happens I ordered a Chypre Palatin sample and two others from them back in November. Placed the order close to midnight and it shipped the next day. I placed another order in November and it shipped the same day. Didn't notice the lack of a phone number.
10 years ago
I looked it over. True, there is no brick and mortar address.
But the rest looks okay.

Nice selection.

The print is worded in good English. (Faulty English often suggests "Made in China".)
10 years ago
ScentFan:
As it happens I ordered a Chypre Palatin sample and two others from them back in November. Placed the order close to midnight and it shipped the next day. I placed another order in November and it shipped the same day. Didn't notice the lack of a phone number.

Given it's a web based business I don't think the lack of an address or phone number is really a big deal. I just took a quick look over at Surrender To Chance and I couldn't find an address or phone number on their site. With this sort of service the experience of others is often the best indicator of whether or not it's safe to take the plunge and order.

What I have to say next is not meant to call into question the honesty or integrity of any decanter. When it comes to decanters you're trusting them to put the real product into your order. I believe Surrender To Chance and Perfumed Court have some sort of notice that says, in effect, they're filling your decant with the manufacturers product. I've always assumed that means from a bottle they've purchased new unless it is one of their vintage products which are always clearly listed on the websites.

ScentFan maybe you can answer this question since you've ordered from the DecantShop. When Sweetgrass first posted their link I thought I saw mention of some sort of trade in policy for customer's unwanted perfumes. This morning I don't see that trade notice at all. Did anyone else see something similar or was I hallucinating? If they do take in 'trades' what do they do with those items? I didn't notice anything on the website about decanting 'vintage' perfumes. I'm not saying they're decanting from trades because I honestly don't know. Just wondering...
10 years ago
Someone on badger and Blade mentions Adriana

badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/373384-De cantshop-16-off-free-samples-and-free-shipping

If you look at how many times this poster pushes this site, then how high is the probability that the poster is one and the same person (or very nearby)?
10 years ago
The girl Adriana introduced herself last year to the Parfumo group.

www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=979&high light=adriana
10 years ago
Greysolon:
ScentFan maybe you can answer this question since you've ordered from the DecantShop. When Sweetgrass first posted their link I thought I saw mention of some sort of trade in policy for customer's unwanted perfumes. This morning I don't see that trade notice at all. Did anyone else see something similar or was I hallucinating? If they do take in 'trades' what do they do with those items? I didn't notice anything on the website about decanting 'vintage' perfumes. I'm not saying they're decanting from trades because I honestly don't know. Just wondering...

Never noticed that sign before, Greysolon, but I have ordered vintage decants that are specifically labelled as such on the website.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Anyone know the Décant Shop?
Jump to