Search Forum

light florientals, please?

light florientals, please? 10 years ago
It's super hot and dry here today and I chose to wear Beige, because none of my favorites appealed to me in the slightest this morning when it was 7:30 and already 85 degrees outside (30 celsius).

Beige is nice, but it isn't really me at its core. There is an incredibly smooth citrus-like accord in Beige that is beautiful, but just doesn't spell love for ol' Dulce.

I desperately need a light floriental that would be suitable for warm weather. Preferably with NO CITRUS, or just some barely detectable citrus, please.

I would SO appreciate your suggestions!

Oh, and extra points if LuckyScent carries it. I'm putting together a samples order and I just need to add one or two more.
10 years ago
My go-to light oriental in warm weather is "Malabah" but it has a prominent tea note, just in case that's not your thing. If you happen to have a T.J. Maxx nearby, they sometimes have a Penhaligon's or two in stock and you can pick them up for dirt cheap. Very Happy
10 years ago
Cryptic:
My go-to light oriental in warm weather is "Malabah" but it has a prominent tea note, just in case that's not your thing. If you happen to have a T.J. Maxx nearby, they sometimes have a Penhaligon's or two in stock and you can pick them up for dirt cheap. Very Happy

Thank you, C, for responding to my post! Very Happy Malabah sounds nice, but it does seem to have a ton of citrus, which I don't really care for.

Can you think of anything without citrus?
10 years ago
Many of the L'Artisan offerings spring to mind. They have this watercolor texture that makes even the oriental-most of them feel light and breezy.
I'm currently in love with "Dzongkha", which has peony for its floral note and looks like no citrus notes whatsoever. It does feature a big helping of cardamom though that may give a slightly citrusy impression, but honestly pretty much any of B.Duchaufour's creations for the brand might fit the light floriental bill.
10 years ago
ChapeauClack:
Many of the L'Artisan offerings spring to mind. They have this watercolor texture that makes even the oriental-most of them feel light and breezy.
I'm currently in love with "Dzongkha", which has peony for its floral note and looks like no citrus notes whatsoever. It does feature a big helping of cardamom though that may give a slightly citrusy impression, but honestly pretty much any of B.Duchaufour's creations for the brand might fit the light floriental bill.

Ok this may be down to individual interpretation but I feel like calling "Dzongkha" light or a floriental is stretching the definitions of both -- IIRC (I have a sample somewhere, might as well check later) it's on the heavy, spicy side, but of course YMMV. Just putting this out there, hope it helps!
10 years ago
Hi, I have just recently purchased the new Alien Extraordinaire..it is very refreshing, and really lovely! I don't like a lot of citrus either, and this fragrance doesn't magnify the bit of citrus that is in the top notes. The only sad part, for me anyway, is it doesn't seem to last. This could be due to my dry skin, but have to reapply a lot. I bought this blind, as the notes really appealed, and I'm not disappointed, but the longevity could certainly be better! I am hoping it will be stronger I. The hot summer months!
10 years ago
Another lovely summertime floral to try, is Fleurs de Gardenia (2012) by Creed. No citrus in this, and very suitable for the hotter months.
10 years ago
Sorry about the citrus, Dulce. If you fill out your preferences thingy I'll be able to do better for you. What spices do you like? Ginger? Pepper? Knowing that will help. Wink
10 years ago
Thank you for all this great input, ladies! I appreciate it!

Very Happy
10 years ago
I saw some Guerlain "Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea" on sale, apparently it's getting discontinued. I like it. It's a bit oriental-ish because of the honey, and it also has orange blossom.
10 years ago
I saw some Guerlain "Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea" on sale, apparently it's getting discontinued. I like it. It's a bit oriental-ish because of the honey, and it also has orange blossom.[/quot

I bought it on that one day special and it's fallen bit flat for me. I will review it at some stage. There are days when I think I'll buy ten bottles of Yardley Iris, unsubscribe from perfume blogs, stop admiring bottles and stop sniffin' the breeze. Okay, not going to happen, right but I love that simple, humble scent of Yardley Iris
10 years ago
Dulce, this is a fun challenge. How about "Eau Divine", "Séville à l'Aube" and "Ultraviolet"? They may fit the bill.
"Eau Ambrée" is a lovely and light take on amber but it does feature a citrus opening.
Do report back if you happen to come across your perfect match. Smile
10 years ago
Thanks, MVT!
10 years ago
Maybe it would help if I listed a few contenders for the title of Dulce's new summertime fragrance, so you know up which type of tree I am barking: Smile

"L'Inspiratrice"

"Speakeasy"

"Jasmin Noir"
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations light florientals, please?
Jump to