Search Forum

PK Perfumes...

PK Perfumes... 10 years ago
Just got my PK Perfume samples, and just ordered them two days ago.

They are packaged in the nicest box and velvet-like pouch. Will add pic later.

Ten samps for 25$, and the friendliest note from Paul.

pkperfumes.com/

I'm anxious to try his "Ere" 2012.
Last edited by Tnahowru on 30.05.2014, 22:40; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
Haven't heard of them. Please report back when you've tested them Smile
10 years ago
Ok
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Haven't heard of them. Please report back when you've tested them Smile

I HAVE heard of them. Here on Parfumo -
pkperfumes.com/goodies-cool-and-beautiful-scre en-backgrounds/
and on Basenotes. I will try the sample line and sniff.

Come to think of it, this may be just the way to support fine perfumers like Paul Kiler and (my favorite, Andy Tauer) when the B***S**t EU regulations win and the Petition fails. Quality will always shine out.
10 years ago
The petition lost?

By the way I'm on the third of Pk's samples and they are reminding me of a combo of the Tauer, Serge and ELDO's lines. The "Ginger Zest de Citron" is amazing! Add Juliette Has a Gun to the houses PK reminds me of.
10 years ago
There is a very good review (by mwallwork) about "Cafe Diem" at Fragrantica (since there are none here yet)... www.fragrantica.com/perfume/PK-Perfumes/Cafe-D iem-16535.html
10 years ago
Tnahowru:
There is a very good review (by mwallwork) about "Cafe Diem" at Fragrantica (since there are none here yet)... www.fragrantica.com/perfume/PK-Perfumes/Cafe-D iem-16535.html

I was just surfing the Internet and came across this "Cafe Diem" review, too. Now, I am really curious and cannot wait for my samples to arrive.

"Petition lost" you say, maybe not. What I wanted to emphasize is that there may be, in the future, the search for real quality among the hundreds of scents, and that indie perfumers can provide that kind of quality.

Whether PaulKiler's leitmotiv (the Kilenade) will agree with my skin and personal sensibilities, is to be experienced during the sniffing expedition.
10 years ago
If you like rose (I don't) get ready for "Carissa".
10 years ago
I won a bottle on Cafleurebon of Violet Chocolatier and received a couple of samples.

Since I'm more of a fan of the sugary, gourmand, and designer types...this brand wasn't my cup of tea. Violet Chocolatier was so dry, and Cafe Diem smelled like black (bitter) coffee. I do have to say they are very well-made though; Mr. Kiler seems to use quality oils and essences to make his fragrances.
10 years ago
Black bitter coffee sounds awesome to me!

Hayven:
I won a bottle on Cafleurebon of Violet Chocolatier and received a couple of samples.

Since I'm more of a fan of the sugary, gourmand, and designer types...this brand wasn't my cup of tea. Violet Chocolatier was so dry, and Cafe Diem smelled like black (bitter) coffee. I do have to say they are very well-made though; Mr. Kiler seems to use quality oils and essences to make his fragrances.
10 years ago
These looks interesting, the bitter coffee and dry chocolate appeals to me, too... unfortunately shipping to Upsidedownland makes it much less affordable. Crying or Very sad
10 years ago
Silverfire:
Black bitter coffee sounds awesome to me!

Hayven:

I think it would work quite well for you. Smile It is a bit more on the masculine side.
At first whiff 10 years ago
The Paul Kiler smell different, it could be the natural ingredients. I am not good at individual notes descriptions, only general impressions.

The "Ere" smelled like good male shaving lotion. Some say, camp fire, I could not detect that. But a nice skin scent, like a nice soap for the men.

The "Red Leather" - a turn-off (at least on my skin) - and I wrote a polite negative review.

The "Cafe Diem" - interesting, intriguing, kept on sniffing my arm, but would not rush out and buy it. "Anima Dulcis" by Arquiste (cocoa with chili) is more to my gourmand notes taste.

The "Gold Leather" - that seems to be the "star" and it does smell very pleasant, honey like with a soft, very expensive, leather note. I can see the appeal. If I got it as a gift, I would wear it, but am not smitten to buy it myself.

Testing continues, more comments to come ... (the samples were very nicely packed with a personal note from Paul Kiler, I was touched.) Then I think how the perfumer created them and the labor of love that went into it.
Hello Fragrant Friends 10 years ago
I'm so amazed by some of your thoughts...it clearly shows what skin types do, or don't do, and what people come expecting when they read certain notes... It's *really* interesting to read your notes...

I've read notes for years, and when I get a scent in the mail, many times it's not at all what I expected it to be like...

I am so amazed that someone got "Bitter Coffee" from Cafe Diem..., especially when others get hardly any coffee, and they get more sweet rolls to it. hmmm...

But I must confess that I don't hardly use any vanilla in my scents, *THE* most popular fragrance element used in the World...

I feel like this Cadillac Commercial, (Which the clip cuts off the opening question:) "You know what's the world's favorite Ice Cream Flavor?" www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTlPQyQ-gY

"But if you're in the mood for something tasty, test drive one of these..."

I find a sympathetic partner for eschewing filling our lives with Vanilla, in Cadillac, or at least for this one commercial... Smile

Hope you all keep smellin' good!

PK
Re: Hello Fragrant Friends 10 years ago
PaulKiler:
I'm so amazed by some of your thoughts...it clearly shows what skin types do, or don't do, and what people come expecting when they read certain notes... It's *really* interesting to read your notes...

I've read notes for years, and when I get a scent in the mail, many times it's not at all what I expected it to be like...

I am so amazed that someone got "Bitter Coffee" from Cafe Diem..., especially when others get hardly any coffee, and they get more sweet rolls to it. hmmm...

But I must confess that I don't hardly use any vanilla in my scents, *THE* most popular fragrance element used in the World...

I feel like this Cadillac Commercial, (Which the clip cuts off the opening question:) "You know what's the world's favorite Ice Cream Flavor?" www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTlPQyQ-gY

"But if you're in the mood for something tasty, test drive one of these..."

I find a sympathetic partner for eschewing filling our lives with Vanilla, in Cadillac, or at least for this one commercial... Smile

Hope you all keep smellin' good!

PK

I don't mean offense for what I said. I wear saccharine sweet scents, so you can imagine my collection is full of fake vanilla sugary sweetness. Razz It's a different kind of gourmand than what I am used to in the commercial world.
Notify about new comments
Jump to