Search Forum

The Guerlain Aqua Allegoria line: Your favourites?

The Guerlain Aqua Allegoria line: Your favourites? 10 years ago
I have heard both good and bad about these releases, and they certainly seem to fall all across the board in my experience too. I still think the concept is adorable and am looking to expand my AA collection somewhat.

So what are your favourites? Or least favourites? What do you think of the concept?

Personally I think Pamplelune despite its enduring popularity is an awful sour affair while Lemon-Fresca is a nice, mild-mannered but wearable citrus appromixation - I also just ordered Flora Nymphea blind and hope for the best lol (but it was cheap...!).
10 years ago
My favourites are Pamplelune and Flora Nymphea. The first time I smelled Lys Soleia I really REALLY hated it, but I would like to give it another chance. I owned Herba Fresca, not bad, but the mint is a bit aggressive. I'm looking forward to the new "Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde". And I'm also very curious about the discontinued "Aqua Allegoria Gentiana".
10 years ago
A friend gave me two miniatures from this range but the labels had come off the pretty bottles and so I've had to guess to identify them. I'm pretty sure one is Lys Soleia and the other is Pivoine Magnifica. Trying to find some way of positive ID besides going by detectable notes... might have to bring them to a counter to be 100% sure.
10 years ago
I haven't tried them all, but of the ones I have tried, I like Mentafollia best. Somehow I ended up with two bottles! In the summer, I refrigerate a small decant. It's amazingly refreshing on very hot days!

I also like Orange Magnifica, Mandarine Basilic, and Pamplelune. I plan to try the new Limon Verde when it is released. I had a bottle of Gentiana, which I liked, but I swapped it some time ago.

Oh, and I do happen to have a bottle of Foliflora that is looking for a new home.
10 years ago
"Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille" so refreshing, so uplifting.

Too bad that is was discontinued.
10 years ago
Ooohhh, I am curious about "Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde" too! Conceptually it sounds kind of similar to "Cédrat Enivrant" but there's no telling before smelling.

Pipette noooooooo don't tease me with discontinued glory :')
10 years ago
I have toyed with buying one of these but with Apres L'Ondee likely to be discontinued I bought it instead at a very good price on Fragrancenet. I read somewhere that Guerlain was trying to recapture something of Apres L'Ondee's ethereal appeal with the AA series.
10 years ago
"Herba Fresca"

Love that minty note and the grassy freshness in summer. I only wear this scent in really hot weather.
10 years ago
Has anyone tried "Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde"?
10 years ago
Omni:
I have toyed with buying one of these but with Apres L'Ondee likely to be discontinued I bought it instead at a very good price on Fragrancenet. I read somewhere that Guerlain was trying to recapture something of Apres L'Ondee's ethereal appeal with the AA series.

Huh, I hope they won't discontinue Après l'Ondée. I certainly haven't smelled any Aqua Allegoria that could live up to its ethereal appeal, as you put it (even though Al'O is not my favourite perfume, not by a long shot), although some of them are nice and well-done light edts on their own.

ETA: Sleuth, Bois de Jasmin has done a review, other than that nobody seems to be talking about it.
10 years ago
Scarletting:
A friend gave me two miniatures from this range but the labels had come off the pretty bottles and so I've had to guess to identify them. I'm pretty sure one is Lys Soleia and the other is Pivoine Magnifica. Trying to find some way of positive ID besides going by detectable notes... might have to bring them to a counter to be 100% sure.

The minis should have stickers in the bottom with batch numbers and fragrance names, have they come off too? Daamn...
10 years ago
My favourite so far is Lavande Velours, it's such a beautiful natural smelling lavender.

But I definitely next want to try Flora Nymphea as I love honey in perfumes!
10 years ago
I ordered a bottle of Flora Nymphaea due to an online daily special. I am weak. It hasn't come yet but I will report on it. Katie Puckrik's review is flattering.
As for Apres L'Ondee, it is proving very difficult to get and the price is skyrocketing.
10 years ago
Omni:
I ordered a bottle of Flora Nymphaea due to an online daily special. I am weak. It hasn't come yet but I will report on it. Katie Puckrik's review is flattering.
As for Apres L'Ondee, it is proving very difficult to get and the price is skyrocketing.

Wow, I do hope it isn't discontinued! eBay seems to have the edt, hopefully also where you live...

I should don Flora Nymphea today, it's so sunny! I am not such a fan of honey per se though, I might swap/sell my bottle because life is too short for just nice perfumes.
10 years ago
my favourite is Ylang Vanille. It's sunny and soft, but also warm and comforting. I find it easy to wear all year round, and it's pretty close to being something like my signature.
10 years ago
I haven't tried many from this line, only "Figue Iris", "Laurier Reglisse" and "Lys Soleia". I liked "Lys S." the best, although I would not buy a full bottle of it.
10 years ago
newly added AA to my collection are "lys soleia" and "tiare mimosa".
Lys Soleia is a beautiful yellow flower scent, so sunny and uplifting.

edit:
I forgot how to add links to the perfumes, I thought it was with the use of " ", but apparently not.
10 years ago
Eurochic:
newly added AA to my collection are "lys soleia" and "tiare mimosa".
Lys Soleia is a beautiful yellow flower scent, so sunny and uplifting.

edit:
I forgot how to add links to the perfumes, I thought it was with the use of " ", but apparently not.

It seems I have to smell Lys Soleia some time soon Smile Re: linking perfumes, you have to use its full name as it is in the Parfumo database: "Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia" - although there is still the issue of different perfumes with the same name, I don't know if that's been worked out yet.
10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
>> Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Limon Verde
Sleuth, Bois de Jasmin has done a review, other than that nobody seems to be talking about it.

Well I tried it and it isn't great. Most AAs "work" as a simple scent, but Limon Verde doesn't really "work" or do much for me.
10 years ago
I enjoy the scent of the Mandarin Basil one, but have yet to buy anything from this line. I would really like to though! Whenever I have the money.... Sad
9 years ago
"Herba Fresca"

One of my all-time summer fav´s.
9 years ago
There's a new one: "Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra"

Mysterious. No notes are mentioned yet. What will it smell like? Does the name mean blue tea or something??
9 years ago
My least favorite Guerlains have come out of this line. Still, "Aqua Allegoria Ylang Vanille" is my favorite. I get a lot of sweet carnations from it. It figures they'd eliminate one of the line's best. Shocked
9 years ago
Definitely Winter Delice. Tiare Mimosa was excellent as well. Very beautiful for Spring.
9 years ago
I tried Herba Fresca and Mandarin Basil the other day. I was really impressed by the Mandarin Basil. I think I'll search out a full bottle.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands The Guerlain Aqua Allegoria line: Your favourites?
Jump to