Search Forum

Looking for cypress scents

Looking for cypress scents 10 years ago
Hello all,

I discovered I like the smell of cypress.

Do you have any recommendations?
(designers preferred but niche is great too)
10 years ago
I recommend Ruth Mastenbroek Signature. Amazing chypre that has surprised me enormously. See my to rate. Success Smile
10 years ago
Thanks! Except it has no cypress .tree in the notes Smile
10 years ago
Sleuth, I was going suggest "Encre Noire" with its strong cypress/vetiver combo but I've read your other posts and gather that you're not a fan of that one.
The other obvious suggestions are "Sycomore" and "Fille en Aiguilles".
I'm guessing pine and cypress are interchangeable and wonder if you've tried any 'old school' pine-laced scents like "Agua Brava" or "Pino Silvestre"?
10 years ago
Nobile Cedar by Chopard might fit the bill Gorgeous bottle
10 years ago
"Python for Men" could be right up your alley.
10 years ago
Diptyque Tam Dao is a wonderful sandalwood and cypress combination. Especially the edp is great. Also Tom Ford Italian Cypress is worth trying.
10 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep them coming Smile
10 years ago
Acqua di Parma "Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana ". Cypress, plus a bunch of other things. Somewhat chaotic, but could fit the bill.

Even though not a truly coniferous scent, CdN "Monocle Scent Three: Sugi" has some cypressness in it (did I just make a new word?)
10 years ago
Sleuth, I've not tried it but reading the review just posted by jtd prompts me to suggest "Fou d'Absinthe" by L'Artisan Perfumeur as something you might try (or at least read the reviews to see if it interests you).
10 years ago
Another vote for "Fille en Aiguilles". It's a great scent with a lot of piney green notes. Very Happy It was on my want list for the longest time, because other "pine" scents I tried just seemed too herbal or synthetic.
10 years ago
Thanks guys, I will keep those in mind Smile
10 years ago
Bit late with this one but have you tried "Dark Season" by Neil Morris.
10 years ago
"Eau des Baux"
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Looking for cypress scents
Jump to