Search Forum

What new fragrances for men have that 'classic' potential?

What new fragrances for men have that 'classic' potential? 10 years ago
I'm copying this nice topic from the women's perfume forum and asking the same question, but for men's fragrances.

What non vintage fragrance for men have you tried recently that has had that 'wow' factor for you? One that you could almost certainly see becoming a 'classic' fragrance of the future. One whose passing will be mourned in the same way as the "Fougère Royale (1882)" or more recent vintages from older era's.

Some suggestions might be "A*Men / Angel Men" by Thierry Mugler, "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" by Tauer Perfumes, or "Terre d'Hermès", just for thoughts.
10 years ago
There were quite a few that I'd consider classics from before 2009, such as YSL M7, "Dior Homme (2005)", "Terre d'Hermes", "Sycomore", "Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003)" and "Jubilation XXV Man".

From the last 5 years though? Designer fragrances for men have either plunged into the sport/intense flanker abyss, or they've released the safest, blandest fragrances possible for easily pleased men. As much as I don't like it all that much, "Aventus" could become a classic in that it seems to have introduced men to niche perfumery when they wouldn't be at all interested otherwise. Other than that, I'm really struggling to think of something that isn't a dull flanker from 2009 onwards.
Re: What new fragrances for men have that 'classic' potentia 10 years ago
Pure Havane
Pure Malt
Gucci Pour Homme II
10 years ago
I'd say;

Tom Ford Extreme For Men

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
And
Only For Him, Hayari Couture, Paris
Smile
10 years ago
Perhaps "Black Aoud" by Montale.
9 years ago
Fille en aiguilles from Serge Lutens, Comme des Garçons Black...
Besides those two, i can't think of anything outstanding that has been released since 2009.
9 years ago
"Modern classics" from the last 25 years are allowed. So if you know more fragrances that deserve that label, let us know!
9 years ago
Prada "Amber pour Homme" .. I hope Wink
risk a wager 9 years ago
would like to risk a wager Hyde Park by Hugh Parsons will somewhere in the world wend its way toward the charts of antiquity for men as an aromatic floral. a spring success but fear it might cloy in summer heat by a bit of an urban soapy heart of musky rose and jasmine. Also almost forgot of adding Santos de Cartier concentree since it starts out as such a masculine power house edgy violet leaf beginning but can even dry down to softer amber and incense nuance that a confident woman might accept an invitation to don
8 years ago
Terre D hermes, Aventus, Dior Homme, and LIDGE
Re: What new fragrances for men have that 'classic' potentia 7 years ago
Sleuth:
What non vintage fragrance for men have you tried recently that has had that 'wow' factor for you? One that you could almost certainly see becoming a 'classic' fragrance of the future. One whose passing will be mourned in the same way as the "Fougère Royale (1882)" or more recent vintages from older era's.

In my opinion, a glorious future as an "classic" waiting for Serge Lutens Cherqui and La Fille de Berlin, Narciso Rodriguez for Him, Kenzo Homme Sport... And many others, of course Wink
puro havana 7 years ago
can't ef'n paste image, Pure Havane
7 years ago
Maybe Dunhill Icon, a modern take of a classic fragrance for men, I find that one to have all the qualities and mass appealing for a classic in the future.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What new fragrances for men have that 'classic' potential?
Jump to