Search Forum

EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!

101 - 125 by 125
10 years ago
Thank you, Grey. We're working on it. Smile Speaking of which, thanks to April Aromatics for the share. Apologies if you have to be a "friend" to see, but trust me... it's there.
www.facebook.com/april.aromatics?fref=ts
10 years ago
Here's some further encouraging news... Apparently, the International Perfume Foundation is seeking UNESCO classification for perfumery as part of worldwide heritage. Let's hope they succeed in their effort. Meanwhile, there's a lovely Facebook page in support of their campaign. Please "like" it if you're so inclined. Idea

www.facebook.com/worldperfumeheritage
"This will allow Perfumers to have their Perfume Direct 10 years ago
Thanks, Cryptic.

They have a lovely Facebook page. One contribution in particular is worth SHARING, the one which bears the words, "This will allow Perfumers to have their own Perfume Directive".

Raise consciousness, if you can, by liking their Facebook page and the many good items that are posted there.
10 years ago
The one which points out that perfume isn't a cosmetic, and ought not to be treated as one, right? I like that approach quite a bit. If I'm not mistaken, the natural perfumers came up with that argument, which is great. We ought to be supporting each other in this fight and pulling together, IMHO. At one point, there was a rumor that the EU legislation was a conspiracy by the aromachemical companies to eliminate natural materials from perfumery, which can't be true because Lyral is also under threat, along with oakmoss and tree moss. If you love perfume regardless of whether it's natural or otherwise, why not support anyone who is making a good faith effort on its behalf? Smile
10 years ago
Still flaberghasted by this. Don't they realize they will destroy the economies of whole regions? Large parts of Bulgaria, Turkey, France? Going to check with luckyscent to see if they have the petition up yet.
10 years ago
Big love to Michel Roudnitska for sharing the French translation of the petition:

www.facebook.com/mroudnitska
10 years ago
10 years ago
Well done, us! Thanks to those who started this.
10 years ago
MiaTrost:
Basenotes, truly solidary, did an update: www.basenotes.net/content/2053-Petition-agains t-proposed-fragrance-legislation-collects-2-50 0-signatures

In the Basenotes article, a Press Release is mentioned. Where and how often was this Press Release published?
(Truly great work of all who started this effort and put the Petition together).
10 years ago
Many thanks to both of you ladies and everyone else who lent a hand. Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back! Very Happy

Pipette, the Press Release is in quotes within the Basenotes article. We're trying to get that release out and about, and if we succeed, you'll read about it here. Wink
Using TWITTER 10 years ago
In my account, I tweeted this morning as follows:

Please sign the Petition.
www.basenotes.net/content/2053-Petition-agains t-proposed-fragrance-legislation-collects-2-50 0-signatures

Does tweeting actually work?
10 years ago
Pipette, I'm a dolt when it comes to Twitter, so I couldn't really say. It certainly can't hurt, right? Thank you. Smile
10 years ago
Today, there are lots of signatures from Russia! Does anybody have an idea where they come from?

To me, it looks like the petition must have been mentioned on a not so small Russian perfume community site or in some general media.

Couldn't find anything on Google.
10 years ago
Apicius:
Today, there are lots of signatures from Russia! Does anybody have an idea where they come from?

To me, it looks like the petition must have been mentioned on a not so small Russian perfume community site or in some general media.

Couldn't find anything on Google.

It's here: www.fragrantica.ru/board/viewtopic.php?id=7171 9
10 years ago
*clapping*

Well done, Russian Fragranticans! I'd thank zoka profusely, but I suspect he has no idea this is going on.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
*clapping*

Well done, Russian Fragranticans! I'd thank zoka profusely, but I suspect he has no idea this is going on.

I was thinking along the same line, with the thought: "Leave well enough alone ..."

Very Happy
10 years ago
Pipette, I read the entire Russian topic and from what I was able to gather from a very doubtful translation, there are only about 200 of them over there and virtually every one of them signed it. Exclamation I only wish we had some way of thanking them.
10 years ago
Update. Luckyscent says the petition will go up on their Facebook page at the end of this week :www.facebook.com/luckyscent
10 years ago
Fabulous news! Thank you so much for following up with Luckyscent, ScentFan. Yay! Very Happy
10 years ago
Oh dear. This Reuters article makes the oakmoss ban sound like a fait accompli. I guess we're supposed to be thrilled sideways that we get to keep coumarin, etc. Sad

au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/23771347/perfume-ind ustry-braces-for-tough-new-eu-rules/
10 years ago
Interesting article. So, the consumers will then get informed (warned) via scanning and virtual information?? Ha ha ha. Most people don't even read the listed ingredients that are now found on the paper carton packaging.

Brave new world.
10 years ago
I was pretty appalled to read that while we've been working ourselves stupid trying to prevent this legislation from passing, the houses have been busily reformulating. It may be time for me to reconsider this hobby.
What the bloggers write 10 years ago
Kafkaesque - Part II 10 years ago
10 years ago
That's an excellent article. Thanks for sharing, Pipette.
101 - 125 by 125
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!
Jump to