Search Forum

alternative to Juicy Couture (perhaps niche)?

alternative to Juicy Couture (perhaps niche)? 10 years ago
I would love to provide someone I know with an alternative to JC that is similar but better. Doesn't have to be niche, just something with higher production values, IYKWIM.

Anything come to mind?
10 years ago
The reviews (which you've no doubt read) suggest that a clean tuberose scent is the place to start. This is a note I don't like/wear but surely others can help.....surely?
10 years ago
Thanks, Triffid.

Yeah, I figured I would get at least a couple suggestions of tuberose dominant scents. The lack of response gives me the impression that the constituency here isn't much into Juicy Couture. Fair enough. Smile
10 years ago
I was holding back because my opinion goes against the grain. I think of JC as more of a well crafted fruity floral than a tuberose perfume. For an accessible niche tuberose, "Do Son" would be my recommendation. It's fresh, green and not overly indolic. Not really similar to JC, however, so I haven't really helped you... sorry. However, she might like "Amor Amor" if she happens to be a fruity floral fan. Excellent perfume for that genre, IMHO.
10 years ago
Thanks, Cryptic. The fruity floral aspect of JC is kind of lost on me, I guess, because the tuberose simply demands the bulk of my attention. I find it sharp as a needle.

But the replacement will have to be somewhat fruity. She won't go for green.

Sorry! I don't think I'm makin' much sense! Laughing

Okay, so slightly fruity, with a tuberose-like element and not too green. I guess that would work! Very Happy
10 years ago
I think Burberry London is a contender
10 years ago
Dulcemio, I'm wondering if Lutens "Fleurs d'Oranger" might be a contender. Having not smelled Juicy Couture, I can't say if it's close enough (Cryptic, you're the Lutens expert!).
I mention it because, despite the name, there's more tuberose than orange blossom in it to my nose and it's quite strong and sweet (I don't really detect the listed cumin). I bought it after sampling a few times in store but finally gave it away to my sister (along with Versace Blonde) as she suited them better than I did.
There's no caramel or other gourmand excesses though.
10 years ago
@ Omni
Thanks! I will ask if she's tried Burberry London.

@ Triffid,

Hmmm, Fleurs d'Oranger sounds worth looking into. Thanks!
10 years ago
I've had another thought: "Douglas Hannant" by Robert Piguet. There are no reviews on Parfumo but it is tuberose dominant with a fruity/pear top note. Lighter, more modern and wearable than Fracas but again, may be nothing like JC.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations alternative to Juicy Couture (perhaps niche)?
Jump to