Search Forum

Wanted : herbal elixir

Wanted : herbal elixir 10 years ago
Hello Everyone !

I am currently looking for something herbal to pick my senses up (not only on warmer days).

Anyone remember the old fragrance by Les Copains ? A quite celery-like fragrance. Not quite what I have in mind but the concept is appealing.

Aromatics Elixir is wonderful but to me more on the earthy side instead of herbal.....and the infusions by Prada are rather floral and not herbal enough for me.
On the other side I cannot wear No.19 (smells awful on me, believe me).
The scent I am looking for need not be fully unsweet, not too masculine either.

I love sage, oregano, basil, caraway, bergamot, lemon....so the concoction may very well have a mediterranean vibe.

Do you have some suggestions for me ? Thanks in advance, any hint is welcome Smile
10 years ago
Villoresi has got some real beauties in the herbal/spicy department, "Spezie" and "Piper Nigrum".
10 years ago
You could try Dior "Eau Sauvage" or Armani "Eau pour Homme (2013)"

And, looking at the notes, I'm also intrigued by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier "Baïmé"
10 years ago
Is "La Perla" considered herbal?

I haven't tried it, but I intend to. I know it's classified as floral, but those top notes sound pretty herbal to me. Smile
10 years ago
Give Aramis 900 a bash … better if you can get a pre reformulation bottle, but the newer one (from the Gentlemen's Collection) is not bad either. It reminds of AE but is more herbal and a little mineral … hope that helps!
10 years ago
I gather you are not looking for a "bitter green galbanum" type frag but more like that fresh herbal bath salts/shampoo smell? Otherwise I would have suggested "Jean-Louis Scherrer" - a big "macerated, bruised greenery" chypre.
Sounds like you've tried "Infusion de Vetiver" by Prada, which would have been my other suggestion, with its citrus/tarragon/vetiver.
"Eau Dynamisante" from Clarins is an inexpensive classic that might fit the bill - I use it as a herbal pick-me-up fragrance and it contains a selection of what you desire: citrus, coriander, caraway, cardamom and rosemary. Woody/patchouli base but quite different to Aromatics Elixir.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:

I haven't tried it, but I intend to. I know it's classified as floral, but those top notes sound pretty herbal to me. Smile

Don't think so, I have been wanting to try the vintage foreverrrrrrrrr

www.thenonblonde.com/2010/08/la-perla-by-la-pe rla-1987.html#.UtANfJt5riM
10 years ago
Something like this: ''Gli Odori'', or not so...?
I have not tested it personally, I've marked it in this category, just for private Info and entirely trusting of the article from Apicius.
Unfortunately - discontinued, but I see that there are still offers, at least in eBay.
10 years ago
Cincy:
Dulcemio:

Don't think so, I have been wanting to try the vintage foreverrrrrrrrr

www.thenonblonde.com/2010/08/la-perla-by-la-pe rla-1987.html#.UtANfJt5riM

I wonder how it compares to the current version.

One thing I'm thankful for, though, is that the current version must certainly contain synthetic civet. I'm not sure what they were using in the 80's. Poor civets.
10 years ago
Triffid:

"Eau Dynamisante" from Clarins is an inexpensive classic that might fit the bill - I use it as a herbal pick-me-up fragrance and it contains a selection of what you desire: citrus, coriander, caraway, cardamom and rosemary. Woody/patchouli base but quite different to Aromatics Elixir.

Ooh, yes, this one! I once owned a bottle of "Eau Dynamisante" and it was very nice, very herbal, and just as Triffid describes.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Triffid:

Ooh, yes, this one! I once owned a bottle of "Eau Dynamisante" and it was very nice, very herbal, and just as Triffid describes.

I second Eau Dynamisante and wish to present for consideration 'Eau du Sud' by Annick Goutal. There is a freshness to 'Noa' that Tania Sanchez commented on as Cilantro (coriander) but I can't agree with her. It is very easy to live with though
10 years ago
Almost insenely herbal: Palais Jamais Even though the list of notes does not show that, but it is really exceptional.

Or maybe: Eau d'Italie

Do you know Series 5 Sherbet by Comme des Garcons?
10 years ago
Hi folks. You might have found the herbal scent of your dreams already. But doesn`t this really shout Yatagan? I think Yat is something certain women can easily wear. Eau de Gentiane Blanche is also striking. It`s VERY dry though.
10 years ago
I've had another thought also.
"Fleur du Matin" by Miller Harris. Don't be put off by the 'fleur' in the title, this is quite unisex. Grapefruit, lemon, galbanum, basil, marjoram, pine, neroli, honeysuckle, very well blended, refreshing and natural smelling with good longevity. Can still be found at discounters though I've read it's discontinued.
10 years ago
AVEDA maybe?

As I applied my Aveda body lotion before bed, I vaguely remembered that they also make fragrance, and indeed they do. Considering how aromatherapeutic the brand is in general, I wonder if one of their fragrances might float your boat.

I've stayed stocked up on their body products via Christmas presents, so I rarely step foot in an Aveda shop, but even when I have, I didn't test or even notice the fragrances, so unfortunately I can't comment on them. But maybe someone else can?
10 years ago
Perhaps Sisley Eau de Campagne. Perks me right up!
10 years ago
What about good ol Mandragore or Mandragore Poupre?
10 years ago
Slniecko:
What about good ol Mandragore or Mandragore Poupre?

I am crazy for Mandragore, and Eau du Sud as well.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Wanted : herbal elixir
Jump to