Search Forum

Richard Lüscher Britos

Richard Lüscher Britos 10 years ago
Olfactoria recently reporting on the launch of Richard Lüscher Britos, Terroir Perfumes, a fellow fume head from Switzerland mentioning the brand, and some bn-discussion on whether or not geographic coordinates are a smart choices as perfume name, had sparked my interest.

So last weekend I finally managed to sample their fragrances and I have to say, they are rather terrific indeed and have excellent longevity for all-natural perfumes. I intended to primarily check out what Vero Kern and Andy Tauer did for this brand but upon sniffing all the juices on paper, I spontaneously opted for 04°N 74°W (Columbia) and 46°N 08°E (Alps) to sample on skin.

"04°N 74°W" (Columbia) is a powdery gardenia that has been fused with a subtle coffee note into a sophisticated gourmand I really enjoyed.
"46°N 08°E" (Alps) reminded me of fir forest, earthy and resinous, and forest honey. Very well done, imho, and I will re-sample this one for sure.

What I love about this brand, is, they let you sniff the main head, heart and base note separately before you get to smell the fragrance itself. That was as much fun as it was educational - to experience natural oak moss was a real treat! I will definitely be back and delve into the rest of their range.
Last edited by MiaTrost on 12.02.2014, 21:33; edited 2 times in total
Re: Richard Lüscher Britos 10 years ago
Interesting Smile
Last edited by Sleuth on 21.12.2013, 21:21; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
These sound interesting but I would never be able to remember those co-ordinate names. I can remember Colombia and the Alps but have totally forgotten the numbers.
10 years ago
How much gentian is in the Alpine one, compared to Gentiane blanche?
Sleuth:
Interesting Smile

Indeed, and I like the bottle. Smile
10 years ago
If the perfumes are intended as pieces of art, presented in an unusual way, they may get some attention and be duly appreciated by some.

As far as competition on a larger scale, they are not in a good market position because of insufficient and awkward marketing.

Perhaps mass appeal and the bottom line don't matter to this manufacturer. That I could understand.
MiaVonTrost:
...they let you sniff the main head, heart and base note separately before you get to smell the fragrance itself.
Oooh, I like this! Nice touch and a great way to experience the different stages before getting the complete puzzle. Thanks Mia x
10 years ago
Sleuth:
How much gentian is in the Alpine one, compared to Gentiane blanche?
I don't know Eau de Gentiane Blanche and can therefore not tell. However, it is not a dominant note in 46°N 08°E (Alps) - hope, that helps.
Dolby:
MiaVonTrost:
...they let you sniff the main head, heart and base note separately before you get to smell the fragrance itself.
Oooh, I like this! Nice touch and a great way to experience the different stages before getting the complete puzzle.
My thoughts exactly. Very Happy
10 years ago
Pipette:
As far as competition on a larger scale, they are not in a good market position because of insufficient and awkward marketing.

So your perception of their marketing is sufficient basis for a solid appreciation of the market?
Fact is, their concept has sparked a lenghtly discussion on BN, as you know. Not half bad for "insufficient marketing".
Last edited by MiaTrost on 27.12.2013, 13:59; edited 1 time in total
MiaVonTrost:

"46°N 08°E" (Alps) reminded me of fir forest, earthy and resinous, and forest honey. Very well done, imho, and I will re-sample this one for sure.

Oh yes, I really want to sample this!
Greysolon:
MiaVonTrost:

Oh yes, I really want to sample this!

How about a sample pass combined with reviewing one or two scents? When back in Zurich I could check with them (they do not provide any samples yet). Would you be in?
10 years ago
So, you want to help the Company by making a sample pass advertising campaign here, on Parfumo?
MiaVonTrost:

"44°N 03°E" is another fragrance from the collection I would love to try. The whole collection sounds fascinating, Mia! Cool!
10 years ago
Pipette:
So, you want to help the Company by making a sample pass advertising campaign here, on Parfumo?

They make good fragrances, imo, that's all that counts in my book. If a sample pass helps, fine with me. Relax, Pipette. Smile
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55
sample pass around 10 years ago
Hi all,
Richard Lüscher Britos would love to learn what we have to say about their fragrances. They kindly offered a few sets of their samples to the community for a sample pass around - what fun! Very Happy No strings attached and of course our honest critique is asked for and appreciated.

If you'd like to join in, are prepared to ship to the next in line (possibly overseas) and happy to write a review on some of their fragrances (as many as you like, but one or two would be nice), just fill in your name in the list below.
I suggest that, given enough peeps get together, each group figures out the order in which to dispatch and how to deal with shipping costs themselves, if that's OK for everyone. Each sample contains about 2ml, so I'd assume a set lasts for about two of us for testing purpose.

Americas
Greysolon
AromiErotici
jtd
PBullFriend
SystemeD

Europe
MiaVonTrost
Ysbrand
Tar

Fully booked. Sorry!
Last edited by MiaTrost on 13.02.2014, 12:20; edited 8 times in total
10 years ago
Thank you, I am interested in getting samples and reviewing them.
10 years ago
I tried the Alpine one recently. I don't know. It smelled a lot like fir needle oil. I love that smell, but I was hoping for more. I was just wearing it, with some awareness, but not constantly sniffing to see what was going on. And worn that way (the normal way to wear perfume, I think), it just didn't do anything. It was a nice coniferous scent for a short time, and then it was gone.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Richard Lüscher Britos
Jump to