Search Forum

2 active perfumes by same house with exact same notes

2 active perfumes by same house with exact same notes 10 years ago
I was getting ready to submit Diyafa from Nabeel when I noticed it has the exact same notes as Suma Man which is already in the database. The Nabeel site has both for sale. The bottles & boxes are different.

Should I submit Diyafa or just add a "/ Diyafa" to the Suma Man ?

www.nabeel.com/Diyafa+Spray+Perfume_50ML
www.nabeel.com/Sumu++Man+Spray+Perfume_50ML
Re: 2 active perfumes by same house with exact same notes 10 years ago
Madkat:
Should I submit Diyafa or just add a "/ Diyafa" to the Suma Man ?

To avoid double listing of the same scent, this would be accurate. We have done it before with Nabeel when Oils and Sprays were identical.

In this case there are two identical 50 ml sprays. this could be a mistake also.
I wrote them a mail to clarify this. but if they are indeed identical, then proceed with Sumu / Diyafa Smile
10 years ago
It was an error Smile

Dear Franfan20,

We highly appreciate for your efforts for notifying us.

There was an error backend, it has been already updated on the site.

Fragrance of Sumu man and Diyafa is different from each other, kindly find the below difference.

Sumu Man
Top : Pineapple, Plum, Strawberry, Apple, Almond, Bergamot, Lime, Ginger.

Heart: Juniper, Rose, Jasmin, Lily Of The Valley, Carnation, Gardenia.

Base : Vanilla, Tonka, Cederwood, Sandalwood, Nagarmotha, White Musk, Ambergris.

Olfactive Family: Floral - Woody

Diyafa Spray Perfume

Top Notes: Cypress, Tagete, Saffron, Rosemary

Middle Notes: Sandalwood, Copaiba, Nagar Motha

Base Notes: White Musk, Agarwood, Patchouli

Olfactive Family: Oriental-Woody
We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you soon.
Thanks & Regards,
Jamila Katawala
Executive Assistant - MD
10 years ago
Thanks Franfan20! I will submit Diyafa and do a correction to Sumu Man.
9 years ago
Hello everybody,

I don't know if this is the right place for my question, but can someone explain me the difference between the 2 Inoui by Shiseido please?
9 years ago
Hi,

I'm not familiar with Inoui, but it's twice in the database because they are releases from 2 different years.

The one without a picture is the original from 1959. The one with a picture (also see the pic at the bottom) is from 1976. That is very probably a reformulation. But I don't know what the difference is in terms of smell. I suggest you look at your bottle if it's similar to the one from 1976 or if it looks older.
9 years ago
Usually we indicates reformulations like this which can be proved by sources.
However something must be wrong there still since the pyramids are identical except one mentioning fir and the other pine needles (although this can be a translation error).
Thanks for the tip.

Edit:
After checking all possible sources, it seems PerfumeIntelligence is reporting nonsense. There is no trademark for 1959, no other reliable source mentioning the date and Michael Edwards' book of fragrances dates 1976 as well. So this must be an error and it will be removed.
9 years ago
thank you very much Sleuth and Franfan for clearing this out !
(now i'm no longer confused Smile )
3 years ago

If there is a product, which is in two versions: limited and unlimited, with the same notes, but in two different bottles of different capacity - should it be added as a new entry (in the database there is only one version)?

3 years ago
Hatka

If there is a product, which is in two versions: limited and unlimited, with the same notes, but in two different bottles of different capacity - should it be added as a new entry (in the database there is only one version)?

No, we don't distinguish between different bottle sizes.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Research 2 active perfumes by same house with exact same notes
Jump to