Search Forum

Leather chypres

26 - 39 by 39
12 years ago
I think Knize Ten and Coriolan should rather be regarded as Fougères due to their herbal appeal
11 years ago
I am not sure how it is officially classified, but I find it as leather chypre fragrance, one of the most feminine of such a kind, at least in my opinion: Bottega Veneta!
11 years ago
Oleg Cassini

11 years ago
"Puredistance M" by Puredistance
11 years ago
Hermes could bring back Doblis. Nothing else would matter
10 years ago
Well, I have spent some time testing the most important leather chypres now, and my nose seems really to start loving them. But I highly prefer the dry ones without flowers. At first my fav (out of the real chypres) was Bandit. I found it less flowery and powdery soapy than the others, but really leathery, bitter, dark.
I was about to buy it but then blind bought Azuree. I have been wearing azuree at home several times and totally fallen for it. However have not worn it in public. It is really strong and quite butch. After this azuree period I got out my sample of Bandit and my perception of it totally changed: it seems more green, soapy and floral than before and less leathery. I think indeed it is quite feminine and well behaved compared to Azuree. And I sure will get a bottle in order to be able to wear a leather chypre to the office. But azuree rules for sure.
10 years ago
Apicius:
I think Knize Ten and Coriolan should rather be regarded as Fougères due to their herbal appeal

To me Knize ten is not herbal. And my nose does not get the obligatory lavender. Lot of flowers instead. On my skin, strangely enough, knize ten is a sweet, flowery, feminine leather. I would see it in the cuir de russie family.
10 years ago
"Trussardi Donna (1982) / Trussardi White" as others have already mentioned is a great leather chypre. It is not butch and the leather joins in with the oakmoss, really refreshing.
10 years ago
Something that caught my attention and shows how much we are influenced by marketing: Azuree is to my nose more butch than Derby. Yet, 95% of Derby owners on parfumo are masculine, while 65% of Azuree owners are feminine.
10 years ago
Yourfoxiness:
niki de st phalle. lovely leather, mossy, herbal drydown.

I only have the body cream but as a base for Mitsouko it does the business! Chypre, you bet!
Leather Chypre (Long Forgotten) !!!CHAPS!!! 6 years ago
Everybody is forgetting one of the greatest leather chypres of all time, CHAPS by Ralph Lauren. Unfortunately and sadly discontinued since 2008. Maybe they'll bring it back???
6 years ago
+1 for Bottega Veneta Very Happy
Bandit vs Bandit Supreme? 2 years ago

Has anyone done a comparison yet between Bandit and the more recent Bandit Supreme? 

Notify about new comments
26 - 39 by 39
Jump to