Search Forum

Dsquared² fragrances

Dsquared² fragrances 10 years ago
Let's discuss Dsquared² in this thread.

Today I had the chance to smell "Wild" by Dsquared² (2014), but I skipped it. Now I see on another fragrance site that 90% of the people hate it, and also that Annick Menardo is one of the perfumers -- I'm getting curious! Did you smell it?
10 years ago
No, I haven't yet.

Generally, the gent's colognes of DSquared are woody in a puristic way. All of them are recommendable.
10 years ago
Yes I know them, "Potion" is my favourite.

'Wild' seems to have a lot of resins and also .. A humus accord !? Humus, as in soil, not hummus I assume.
10 years ago
"Potion" is a very interesting fragrance. I find it actually more aromatic than woody. It shares a certain aromatic and hard to decribe note with few other fragrances where it is dominant: "Le Vetiver - Itasca" by Lubin, "Mister" by Jasper Conran, and "King Solomon" by Kings and Queens.

In some other cases, it is combined with the well-known Terre D'Hermès note: in Micallef's "Jewel for Him", together with Patchouli. I also got the impression that it might play a very small role in the base notes of "L'Homme Ideal".

This particular note is alcoholic, slightly "boozy", maybe also green-woody. But it does not smell like anything we know from daily life and so you at least have to smell it once to know what it is about.

If I compare "Potion" with Lubin's Itasca, I have to say that Potion might share that slightly rough and not so pleasant amber note that we find in so many mid-priced perfumes. Lubin's Itasca is not so miuch more expensive, and you don't have to compromise on the quality. If you like Potion, try Itasca if you can find it.
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Yes I know them, "Potion" is my favourite.

Mine too. Great cinnamon fragrance!! I also would like to test Intense He Wood, it seems to be green woody based on the notes.
10 years ago
I haven't sniffed Wild yet, but of the others I too prefer Potion. Another standout is He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood. The brand makes quality stuff generally, IMO.
10 years ago
@Anahata: To me Intense He Wood is a better version of He Wood. It has clearly noticeable fir/fir balsam. But it isn't as good as Rocky Mountain Wood (or Potion).
10 years ago
Sleuth:
@Anahata: To me Intense He Wood is a better version of He Wood. It has clearly noticeable fir/fir balsam. But it isn't as good as Rocky Mountain Wood (or Potion).

Good to know! The combo violet leaf/violet, guaic and fir pleases me a lot!!
Its is present in all of them, He Wood, Intense He Wood and Rocky Mountain.
In your opinion which one is fresher?

Thanks in advance!!
10 years ago
I don't know which one is freshest, but you can look at the pie charts. Personally I would go for the one that appeals most to me: Rocky Mountain. And I would give Ocean Wet Wood another test round
Re: Dsquared² fragrances 9 years ago
Has anyone smelled "Wild" yet? What is it like?
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Dsquared² fragrances
Jump to