Search Forum

Dsquared² fragrances

Dsquared² fragrances 9 years ago
Let's discuss Dsquared² in this thread.

Today I had the chance to smell "Wild" by Dsquared² (2014), but I skipped it. Now I see on another fragrance site that 90% of the people hate it, and also that Annick Menardo is one of the perfumers -- I'm getting curious! Did you smell it?
9 years ago
No, I haven't yet.

Generally, the gent's colognes of DSquared are woody in a puristic way. All of them are recommendable.
9 years ago
Yes I know them, "Potion" is my favourite.

'Wild' seems to have a lot of resins and also .. A humus accord !? Humus, as in soil, not hummus I assume.
9 years ago
"Potion" is a very interesting fragrance. I find it actually more aromatic than woody. It shares a certain aromatic and hard to decribe note with few other fragrances where it is dominant: "Le Vetiver - Itasca" by Lubin, "Mister" by Jasper Conran, and "King Solomon" by Kings and Queens.

In some other cases, it is combined with the well-known Terre D'Hermès note: in Micallef's "Jewel for Him", together with Patchouli. I also got the impression that it might play a very small role in the base notes of "L'Homme Ideal".

This particular note is alcoholic, slightly "boozy", maybe also green-woody. But it does not smell like anything we know from daily life and so you at least have to smell it once to know what it is about.

If I compare "Potion" with Lubin's Itasca, I have to say that Potion might share that slightly rough and not so pleasant amber note that we find in so many mid-priced perfumes. Lubin's Itasca is not so miuch more expensive, and you don't have to compromise on the quality. If you like Potion, try Itasca if you can find it.
9 years ago
Sleuth:
Yes I know them, "Potion" is my favourite.

Mine too. Great cinnamon fragrance!! I also would like to test Intense He Wood, it seems to be green woody based on the notes.
9 years ago
I haven't sniffed Wild yet, but of the others I too prefer Potion. Another standout is He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood. The brand makes quality stuff generally, IMO.
9 years ago
@Anahata: To me Intense He Wood is a better version of He Wood. It has clearly noticeable fir/fir balsam. But it isn't as good as Rocky Mountain Wood (or Potion).
9 years ago
Sleuth:
@Anahata: To me Intense He Wood is a better version of He Wood. It has clearly noticeable fir/fir balsam. But it isn't as good as Rocky Mountain Wood (or Potion).

Good to know! The combo violet leaf/violet, guaic and fir pleases me a lot!!
Its is present in all of them, He Wood, Intense He Wood and Rocky Mountain.
In your opinion which one is fresher?

Thanks in advance!!
9 years ago
I don't know which one is freshest, but you can look at the pie charts. Personally I would go for the one that appeals most to me: Rocky Mountain. And I would give Ocean Wet Wood another test round
Re: Dsquared² fragrances 9 years ago
Has anyone smelled "Wild" yet? What is it like?
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Dsquared² fragrances
Jump to