Search Forum

Reissues - a New Trend?

Reissues - a New Trend? 10 years ago
Recently I noticed the re-launch of perfumes, and the press releases stress the point that it is a re-issue of the same fragrance that had been discontinued years earlier. Examples are:

- the Helmut Lang series
- "Richard James Savile Row"

We all know that once in a while houses change the formula of a perfume for various reasons and then launch it again, maybe with a different packaging. We all have experiences with reformulations and generally, we are not pleased if this happens to a fragrance.

I wonder if these and any other re-releases are indeed the same as the vintage perfume. Or is this just another fad to place reformulations?

It is up to us to test these and other re-issued fragrances and find out.

Please share your experiences and opinions here, with the two mentioned and any other reissues.
10 years ago
It looks like a new trend.

"La Route d'Emeraude (2012)" is a re-issue, from ages ago. I love it. Don't know how the original smelled.

If we made a LIST which perfumes we would love to have back, and if someone really listened, maybe we could get a few more favorites back.
"Câline" by Jean Patou would be on my list. "Deneuve" by Catherine Deneuve would be another.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Reissues - a New Trend?
Jump to