Search Forum

chanel pour monsieur successor

chanel pour monsieur successor 9 years ago
Hello friends / as
According fragrances which you could compete for the throne left by Chanel Pour Monsieur Vintage ...
Or similar to its great style, if possible fragrance designers name but I know it is difficult but not impossible ...

sorry for my poor english
9 years ago
Hi,

Let's see:

- You could try "Eau Sauvage" again, it has the herbal style from the 50's and 60's.

- You could try "West Indian Lime". The style is similar but it's much simpler and also cheaper. West Indian Lime has no verbena but it has lime. In the dry down it has vetiver.

- You could try Armani Eau pour Homme. This is also citrus in the old style because it has basil. The old bottle is better than the new bottle. The old one is discontinued, you can find it online.

- You can try "Escale à Portofino" or "Escale à Parati". They are unisex colognes from a few years back, they were sold in the women's section. The style is also 'classic'. Escale à Portofino smells most similar I think, but Escale à Parati gets the best ratings.

- Have you tested "Pour Monsieur Concentrée"? I think the performance is good. It has more vetiver.

- I also like "Versense": a citrus + wood + vetiver + fruit mix. It smells 100% unisex but it is sold in the women's section.

Which one competes for the throne? I think none of them, they are not perfect.

Good luck!

PS. Why do you like the vintage so much? What's wrong with the current Pour Monsieur?
9 years ago
the vintage is oakmoss vs. the currently vetiver...the original formula I believe did NOT contain vetiver....
thank you for your recommendations
Pour monsieur d'autre 9 years ago
If you really don't like Pour Monsieur, you could try Eau Fraiche by Dior, Monsieur de Givenchy, and Eau de Monsieur from Annick Goutal, all of which have chypre bases, and Eau de Cologne de Chanel, and Eau de Guerlain which don't.
9 years ago
I think, "Monsieur de Givenchy" is a very recommendable alternative to Chanel's Pour ! I think it can be regarded as the direct competitor to Chanel's Pour Monsieur. It is a little less citric in the top notes and I feel more at home with it than with Chanel's gents' chypre.

Lancôme has its longseller Ô de Lancome as a ladies' fragrance but I think this light green chypre can also be worn by men. However, there is a chypre for gent's from this house: Sagamore. I would call it an oriental chypre, and it is closer to Chanel's flanker Pour Monsieur Concentrée. It is currently discontinued but still easily available.

Thank you, WildGardener for bringing Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur to my attention. I wasn't aware that they have a chypre.
Re: chanel pour monsieur successor 2 years ago
Maxi5
Hello friends / as
According fragrances which you could compete for the throne left by Chanel Pour Monsieur Vintage ...
Or similar to its great style, if possible fragrance designers name but I know it is difficult but not impossible ...

sorry for my poor english

None, sadly.

The EDP version is plain bad.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations chanel pour monsieur successor
Jump to