Search Forum

The animalic bad girls

26 - 50 by 69
11 years ago
Well Omni, if the Kiwis lose, at least you'll smell divine!
I wonder if being an "outdoor work" kind of person makes one less offended by "dirty" scents? I deal with noxious weeds on a daily basis and have reached the point where I can appreciate, almost enjoy, the "cat pee" smell of crushed Lantana leaves or the sour, pyrethrum-like odour of Tagetes minuta (aka "Stinking Roger"). Not quite enjoying the sad stench of road kill, though.
11 years ago
During my horticulture training I got a bacterial infection from breathing the horse dung used for compost making. It resulted in boils under my arm that had to be lanced. Yes, I know the smells of comfrey fertilizer and the beauty of the worm juice, the joy of Woody weedkiller and the strength of convolulous roots on my hands. Yin, Yang, I guess
11 years ago
Jicky
Shalimar
Dzing
Cuba
11 years ago
Last saturday it was still very warm where I live. So I decided to give cuba, of which I recently bought a decant, a full wearing.
I love that stuff, but it has its skanky phase.'well just 10 min after reapplying I left the house for grocery shopping and bumped into my sexy neighbor. Damn, I was sort of embarrassed...
11 years ago
teatro alla scala
ysatis
trouble
bijan
tabu
10 years ago
Lancôme's "Magie Noire" and Nasomatto's "Silver Musk". Plus all of Narciso Rodriguez's Egyptian musk parade... they are all like a zoo of stinky sexy beasts to me.
10 years ago
Ooh yes, my favorite fragrances are naughty little animals:
L'Air De Rien
Bal A Versailles
Musc Ravageur
Bruno Acampora Musk
Kiehl's Musk
Muscs Koublai Kahn
Dzing!
Cuir Fetiche
10 years ago
It's not my favorite, but if anyone is looking for a civet bomb, Avon Occur! is right up your alley Very Happy
10 years ago
CuteChemist:
It's not my favorite, but if anyone is looking for a civet bomb, Avon Occur! is right up your alley Very Happy

Hmm, gives a new insight into the 'ding dong, Avon calling!' concept...
10 years ago
Must de Cartier
Animale
Tabu
Persian Wood Avon
Rare Rubies Avon
Opium
Magie Noire
Shalimar
Passion Elizabeth Taylor
Knowing Estee Lauder
Habinita
10 years ago
CK Obsession—Love it though! <3
10 years ago
Miller Harris' L'Air de Rien - delightfully skanky Wink
10 years ago
"Bal à Versailles" tops them all in my book Cool
10 years ago
My favourite animalic girls are "Bal à Versailles" and "Joy". However, there is nothing quite like "La Nuit" - glorious stink!
Can we talk honey? That's animalic too, right? 10 years ago
It doesn't have to be civet-laden to qualify, does it?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but has anyone tried Kim Kardashian's "Pure Honey" ? Some of the reviews sound good.

(If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time ever that I've inquired about a celebrity scent, and it's a celebrity that I DO NOT admire to boot! So, someone please alert the media.)

Or anything that has a similar description from a better "house." I would like to find a honey scent where honey is detectable but not completely dominant, and just a little sweet, with some light flowers and wood, maybe a little resin.
Re: Can we talk honey? That's animalic too, right? 10 years ago
Dulcemio:
It doesn't have to be civet-laden to qualify, does it?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but has anyone tried Kim Kardashian's "Pure Honey" ? Some of the reviews sound good.

(If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time ever that I've inquired about a celebrity scent, and it's a celebrity that I DO NOT admire to boot! So, someone please alert the media.)

Or anything that has a similar description from a better "house." I would like to find a honey scent where honey is detectable but not completely dominant, and just a little sweet, with some light flowers and wood, maybe a little resin.

Alahine by Teo Cabanel is well worth trying for these accords
10 years ago
"Joy" Jean Patou

I hate the animalic edge in this but LOVE the jasmine + rose in it. I'm sucker for this combination and it's not easily found everywhere predominantly or in good quality.
10 years ago
Animalic is my absolute favorite genre. Here are a few favorites

Eau d'Hermes (vintage copper cap!)
Bal a Versailles
Shocking de Schiaparelli (honey and skank!)
Lanvin My Sin
Kouros (yes, it's for men, but I don't let that stop me)
MFK Absolue Pour le Soir
Cuir de Lancome
Cuir de Russie
MKK
Jicky
Miel de Bois
Zibeline
Sova by Slumberhouse

Mmmm, so many delicious choices, mainly from vintage to get truly great skank.

Dulcemio, "Pure Honey" was available here in Australia through a budget retailer, Chemist Warehouse, for $39.95 seemingly when it was unavailable almost everywhere else. I ended up buying it for Franfan to test and also tried it myself - our reactions to it were not the same as we both have very different taste in perfume (Franfan likes sweet fruity gourmands - see his review for comments).
I thought it wasn't bad at all: a bodacious white floral with a honeyed rose note, strong but not nearly as sweet as one might expect and I wouldn't even rate it on the skank-o-meter. No piquant honey skank at all for me.
I think many fans were expecting a very sweet liquid honey aroma and were disappointed that PH was not like the Marc jacobs honey fragrance.
Has anyone mentioned Paco Rabanne's "La Nuit" yet?
Triffid:
I thought it wasn't bad at all: a bodacious white floral with a honeyed rose note, strong but not nearly as sweet as one might expect and I wouldn't even rate it on the skank-o-meter. No piquant honey skank at all for me.

I am not content with the voting chart below anyway. Most say it is sweet as in "sweet" which I totally disagree with Razz
It's available as 30 ml in Germany by now - I'm surprised at this happening at all.
People like it as a celebrity scent, but totally misinterpret it when looking at the name I'd say.
9 years ago
“I only wear Bal a Versailles when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I spritz it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not in a hurry and mist it when I am,
otherwise I never touch the stuff, unless I have showered
9 years ago
I don't find some of these animalic on my skin. La Mome, Memoir, and Baiser du Dragon are all tame on me. :-/ Maybe I'm lucky (as I don't particularly like animalic fragrances).

The ones that are animalic on me are Costamor "Tabacca" and Habanita.
9 years ago
Sorceress:
Must de Cartier
Animale
Tabu
Persian Wood Avon
Rare Rubies Avon
Opium
Magie Noire
Shalimar
Passion Elizabeth Taylor
Knowing Estee Lauder
Habinita

Yes, ET Passion is exquisite. There is an EDT+body lotion gift set, which is excellent value for money. Opium, Obsession, Paloma Picasso and Must de Cartier are other excellent animalics, in my opinion.
9 years ago
I love Avon OCCUR! rwarr

ET Passion is also still a great scent. You can find it for $10 at the discount stores still. Great buy.
9 years ago
One I would highly recommend though it is relatively unknown and scarce is Omar Shariff Femme PDT. A orange blossom beauty with lots of skank to cut the sweetness. A great "skank" for spring.
Notify about new comments
26 - 50 by 69
Jump to