Search Forum

Scents for Smokers

Scents for Smokers 9 years ago
I have read the story that Tabac Blond was created for ladies to cover up the smell of cigarettes at a time when smoking was not considered proper for women. I love tobacco perfumes like Habanita, Tabacca and Odd Fellow's Bouquet. Does anyone use specifically tobacco-themed perfumes to cover up the smell of cigarettes? If yes, what are some other "smokers' scents"?
9 years ago
Personally, I don't smoke, but I like the smell of clean and also perfumed pipe tobacco. And the smell of a good cigar can evoke a homely mood.

I wonder if the prohibition of smoking will lead to perfumes that make you smell as if you were a heavy smoker. One of those attempts IMHO were the perfumes of Robbie VanGogh ( a hobby perfumer who sadly discontinued his activities), especially his "Hemp & Leather".

One particular, strongly overpriced smoker's perfume is "Intricate" by Boadicea. Actually, it has a very strong smell that has much in common with a cold ash tray. Sillage and longevity are far beyond compare. It is great when you smell it the first time but I find it hardly wearable.

Then, I find "Jasmin & Cigarettes" by ELDO well worth trying in this context. When it was launched, I remember it was a kind of reminiscence to the Marlene Dietrich style of female smoker.
9 years ago
Apicius:
Personally, I don't smoke, but I like the smell of clean and also perfumed pipe tobacco. And the smell of a good cigar can evoke a homely mood.

I wonder if the prohibition of smoking will lead to perfumes that make you smell as if you were a heavy smoker. One of those attempts IMHO were the perfumes of Robbie VanGogh ( a hobby perfumer who sadly discontinued his activities), especially his "Hemp & Leather".

One particular, strongly overpriced smoker's perfume is "Intricate" by Boadicea. Actually, it has a very strong smell that has much in common with a cold ash tray. Sillage and longevity are far beyond compare. It is great when you smell it the first time but I find it hardly wearable.

Then, I find "Jasmin & Cigarettes" by ELDO well worth trying in this context. When it was launched, I remember it was a kind of reminiscence to the Marlene Dietrich style of female smoker.

I haven't tried most of the perfumes you mentioned. Jasmin et Cigarettes was mellow. I need something more powerful. I have to try the Intricate.

Though smoking is prohibited in many buildings in the US (and looked down upon as well), my experience has been that Europe and the rest of the world has a lot more smokers. I personally use Sacre Tabac Sucre. Not to cover the smell but because I love it. (I wrote about this perfume on my blog today.)
9 years ago
Apicius' "cold ashtray" comment reminded me of my review of "Les Nombres D'Or - Vanille" which contains no tobacco note, but smells smokey to me nonetheless, especially in the early stages. Being richly woody and vanillic, I bet it would blend well with the cigarette aroma.

And of course "Tobacco Vanille" is another rich and sweet one that would blend well. (I personally don't find cig smoke is easily covered, so scents that complement it make more sense to me.)
Notify about new comments
Jump to