Search Forum

Correlations between perfume and shoes

Correlations between perfume and shoes 9 years ago
I have enough shoes, do you have enough shoes? Is there a good reason to buy perfume or shoes?
9 years ago
Perfume!

You can walk barefoot and smell good.
9 years ago
I'm not a shoe person at all, or at least not someone who covets designer heels. I do love a good boot but it's more likely to be a Doc Martens or something funky and practical. I have to wear boots for work every day (more Blundstone than Manolo) so maybe I've just given up on trying to walk in anything dainty. And I like being able to bounce around, not teeter. Also a good thong is hard to beat (that's flip flops to the rest of the world and jandals for you Kiwis).
As Pipette said, you can wear perfume regardless of your attire but shoes are problematic. They go our of fashion, they have to fit properly (I have different sized feet, dammit) and they have to be appropriate to the occasion and outfit. The same could be said of perfume but I find it so much more enjoyable to build a wardrobe of scents rather than shoes.
My "other" collection is silver jewellery and turquoise so I'm definitely not immune to self adornment!
9 years ago
Traditionally, you are supposed to have just one signature scent but a wardrobe full of shoes.

For me, it is the opposite. I buy the same shoe model since many years but I own hundreds of perfumes!

Should I call it my signature shoe? Smile
9 years ago
It is so much easier for a man to have a signature shoe!
9 years ago
I absolutely don't understand the obsession many women have with shoes or handbags. On the other hand, knowing that those obsessions exist makes me feel better about myself - perfume tends to be cheaper than either one! Wink
Re: Correlations between perfume and shoes 9 years ago
Omni:
I have enough shoes, do you have enough shoes? Is there a good reason to buy perfume or shoes?

No. Never! I'll show myself out now. Embarassed
9 years ago
Uh-oh, Cryptic. Do you mean you like both, or...?

It's OK. We're all addicts (*cough, cough* "fervent hobbyists") here.
9 years ago
'Fervent hobbyists". Love it!
9 years ago
I do, PBullfriend. :/ I think the medical professionals call it "comorbidity" when you have two sicknesses at once. That would be me.

Omni, for me, the correlation between perfume and shoes is that they are two ways I can splash out a little and indulge a rebellious streak in a workplace environment where sartorial choices are fairly limited.
9 years ago
Well ladies and gentlemen I personally do not have a shoe habit. This is governed by two things, I am tall and in recent years I have suffered from plantar fasciitis (it's flat feet really) and I would sway horribly in anything but sensible shoes. Having said that I have a daughter who worships at the feet (haha) of those fancy shoe labels I know nothing of. I think I channeled my frustrated love of shoe leather into perfumes such as Kelly Caleche, the old Cabochard, and all things Cuir.
9 years ago
Never had a shoe habit that goes beyond DSW sale racks. Once in a long while the designer bug bites me though. Last summer I bought a gorgeous Jimmy Choo gold sandal, so I'm happy for another few years.
9 years ago
Do you think it's related? I just bought two pair of shoes today and two perfumes...correlation?
9 years ago
Bookwyrms:
Do you think it's related? I just bought two pair of shoes today and two perfumes...correlation?

Aha! I suspect this might be the case. Further investigation (spill the beans on what you bought) is needed
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Correlations between perfume and shoes
Jump to