Search Forum

Chanel Gardenia EdT?

Chanel Gardenia EdT? 10 years ago
Any thoughts on "Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Gardénia (2007) (Eau de Toilette)@Chanel"? I would like some opinions on this one. I may be near a Chanel store in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide what I want to test. I really can only legitimately try 2 because my nose can't handle more at one time.

Additionally if you own Gardenia, can you compare it to another scent? I don't mean a dupe- I just mean something with a similar feeling that perhaps I'm familiar with so I know what to expect.

I am familiar with Coromandel and Beige.

Does anyone know if you can test the parfum versions in the store?

Thank you!
10 years ago
You may test to your heart's content! Smile I didn't spray Gardenia but I sniffed the nozzle (since I had to save my arms for two others) and I'd say it's pretty close to a soliflore, and is of the usual Chanel quality.

If there aren't paper test strips sitting there, just ask, they should have some.

That group of giant bottles reminded of Stonehenge. Smile

Enjoy your visit!
10 years ago
Oh wait, I just realized you said "parfum version." I wasn't aware that Les Exclusifs came in anything but EDT.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Oh wait, I just realized you said "parfum version." I wasn't aware that Les Exclusifs came in anything but EDT.

They do, at a price. I'm still jealous of the US Chanelites who get to shop for this stuff online.
10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
Dulcemio:

They do, at a price. I'm still jealous of the US Chanelites who get to shop for this stuff online.

The issue for me is price as well as access. I really don't want to love something that is so expensive. I have only ordered from Chanel online for Beige and Cormandel. It's a long, boring story but they were for my mother, who ended up not wanting coromandel. It's a regifted bottle. It's amazingly blended and complex but I don't wear it often.

I spoke with a woman who works for Chanel and raved about the pure perfume versions. The prices... Yikes... But I've spend tons of money on edt's and other perfumes ofer the past few years.

She made me really wonder. I not asking about the almost $4,000 version. I never want to smell that one just to be on the safe side.

So I'll try to ask my family to take a wee little detour so I can try the Les-Exclusifis.
10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
Dulcemio:

Oh! I see now, a few of Les Exclusifs are offered as parfum too. C'mon DaisyDukes, don't you want a King Kong size bottle of Gardenia extrait for $3800??!! Laughing And what was it, $175 for 15 ml?

The pur parfums weren't on display in the boutique I went to, nor were they mentioned to me during a lengthy conversation with an SA where I made it clear I was poised for a purchase of one or another of Les Exclusifs. Perhaps if I'd been carrying a Chanel handbag and not wearing jeans and sandals with unpainted toes? Very Happy

Even if my beloved Coromandel were offered as pur parfum, I wouldn't care, because the EDT already behaves like an EDP, and a strong one at that! One spray and it projects like crazy all day long. And the Sycomore and Bois des Iles I tried on my arms and on paper lasted until the next day. Good value for the money.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Even if my beloved Coromandel were offered as pur parfum, I wouldn't care, because the EDT already behaves like an EDP, and a strong one at that! One spray and it projects like crazy all day long. And the Sycomore and Bois des Iles I tried on my arms and on paper lasted until the next day. Good value for the money.

Lol, I tested Sycomore the hard way when a sample vial broke (luckily only 1 ml) and after a shower I can still smell it clearly on my forearms. Some Parfumo reviewers gave it less favourable grades when compared to cheaper, similar woods.

I just wish that aldehyde-pepper opening would last and last. It's always sad when the opening turns out to be the best part :/
10 years ago
I really appreciate the replies. I look forward to more reviews on parfumo as well. Good or bad-I find reviews very helpful.

I do have a "newbie" question. Is there a way for me to see member's likes and dislikes? I don't often have the opportunity to sample very often, so online reviews and preferences help me hone in on my targets.

Keep the reviews coming Laughing

Thank you!
10 years ago
i like it, but i also love Chanel No. 5
9 years ago
DaisyDukes:
I really appreciate the replies. I look forward to more reviews on parfumo as well. Good or bad-I find reviews very helpful.

I do have a "newbie" question. Is there a way for me to see member's likes and dislikes? I don't often have the opportunity to sample very often, so online reviews and preferences help me hone in on my targets.

Keep the reviews coming Laughing

Thank you!

I have not tried the Chanel Gardenia Parfum. I personally would be weary of dropping that kind of dough on a soliflor when there are so many incredible Gardenia scents out there for a fraction of the price that Chanel is asking. In general I am extremely unhappy with the quality of Chanel lately, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to try other houses. Gardenia is one of my favorite notes. If you are in the US I can send you a 1ml sampler of my Gardenia scents. You may find one you really like. I think Jovan Island Gardenia ($Cool is one of the most authentic gardenias I've ever put on. But I have many other's you can try too.

Edited for typos.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Chanel Gardenia EdT?
Jump to