Search Forum

Unknown perfume from U.A.E.

Unknown perfume from U.A.E. 9 years ago
Hello everybody!
I have just received a bottle of perfume from a friend who visited Dubai. I'm quite familiar with many brands from this geographical area but I've never heard of this. It has been impossible to find any info regarding the brand or perfume notes, except a photo of the store, which seems quite glamorous but no other info whatsoever. The only thing I can tell is that it is an oud based perfume (it was sold as such as well) with amber, honey, and leather notes. At least from what I can tell...Also strangely enough (considering that it is an Arabic perfume) I find it quite light and almost impossible to smell it on me after half an hour while most people have commented positively on its sillage. The name seems to be Al Muattaq 55 and it's an eau de parfum. Any info or help would be very appreciated! Very Happy
Thank you!!!
9 years ago
hi,
a muattaq or moattaq (moattaq means aged) is an aged oud mukhallat (i.e. not pure oud oil) that is quite light, powdery and usually comprised of oud, amber, musk, sometimes rose.
arabian oud, ajmal (dahn al oudh).
it is most likely misspelled, which is quite common with perfumes from the middle east as they're primarily translated for the western market.
i've included a couple of links which might be more helpful, read the last review from the basenotes link (abubakr_al-misky)
www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Ajmal/Dahn-Al-Oudh -Moattaq-15069.html
www.basenotes.net/ID26122468.html
unfortunately i have no idea about the particular perfume you're enquiring but i've asked a couple of my friends living in dubai and they might be able to help & shed some light over the mystery.

hope it helps (a little).
best,
9 years ago
Thank you very much for the clarifications and help. If you happen to have any other information, it would be very appreciated. Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Unknown perfume from U.A.E.
Jump to