Search Forum

Weekly Scent Discussion #2: What do they all have in common?

Weekly Scent Discussion #2: What do they all have in common? 9 years ago
I have a handful of scents with this powdery-ness that I love. It's not like the powder I get from roses, Orris, violets, or Iris. It's something else, and I can't figure out what that something is that is giving these scents that powdery-ness since many of the scents have no common notes. It's a full rich and almost tangible powdery-ness. Could it be ISO-E that's not being listed on the note breakdowns? I have no idea what Iso-E smells like but from reading others thoughts on it this is my best guess.

Here's a list of the scents that have this element that I can think of off the top of my head. I'll add more as I think of them:

Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds
Estée Lauder Estee
Vivienne Westwood Boudoir
Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice
Jennifer Lopez Glow after Dark
Baby Rose Jeans Versace for women
Ciel Ulric de Varens for women
9 years ago
I think that certain musk components provide a powdery note
9 years ago
Apicius:
I think that certain musk components provide a powdery note

Adding to Apicius' note about musk (as well as the mention of Iso E), when Iso E is paired with some musks it can have a powdery effect; although Iso E's typical role is as a woody/cedar scent. Once you smell it and identify it you'll never forget it.
9 years ago
I also think that it is the musk. To me, and I love Iso-E Super, this is not the powdery component.
9 years ago
The musk was my first thought too, however, not all the scents on the list have musk listed in their notes, ie: Vivienne Westwood Boudoir , Estée Lauder Estee, and Baby Rose Jeans Versace for women.

What surprises me the most is the two Westwoods I listed. They smell almost identical to my noise. The only note they share is rose, but it's not the rose note that I I'm talking about here. And there are scents in that list with no rose listed. So it can't be that.

What could it be. I can't find a note that all of these share but they all definitely have that thing. That's why I thought maybe iso-e or something along those lines because I know that they don't always list Iso-E. It there something else that isn't often listed that it could be?
9 years ago
order a sample of "Molecule 01" it's all ISO-E-Super.
9 years ago
Tnahowru:
order a sample of "Molecule 01" it's all ISO-E-Super.

I have been meaning to do so for some time. It would be good for me to have a good base of reference for this not since it is so widely used. It seems that the consensus is that the "thing" I am search to define isn't the Iso-E.

So what else could it be? It's still a mystery.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Weekly Scent Discussion #2: What do they all have in common?
Jump to