Search Forum

Summery jasmines?

Summery jasmines? 10 years ago
While I adore jasmine, some of my jasmine-centric favourites are getting a bit heavy to wear in the summer. I am now wondering if there are any good sparkly jasmine perfumes that are good for the summer? E.g. I liked the idea behind "Aqua Allegoria Jasminora" but that one was just a tad too flat and boring for me, even though I loved the combination of greenness and jasmine. Also I do not like prominent rose notes.
10 years ago
Sometimes it's a fine line between 'bright' and 'screechy'.
Two likeable, designer, jasmine-centric perfumes that I find suitable for warm weather are Dior "Pure Poison" and Bvlgari "Mon Jasmin Noir". Both have some sparkle, a 'clean' jasmine with no rose and bases that are woody and not heavily oriental.
You may need to experiment with how much to spray. By contrast, for cooler weather I prefer something lush like Montale Jasmin Full or Patou's Joy.
Last edited by Triffid on 23.06.2014, 09:48; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
"La Route d'Emeraude" - beautiful, but apply lightly.
10 years ago
Triffid:
Sometimes it's a fine line between 'bright' and 'screechy'.
Two likeable, designer, jasmine-centric perfumes that I find suitable for warm weather are Dior "Pure Poison" and Bvlgari "Mon Jasmin Noir". Both have some sparkle, a 'clean' jasmine with no rose and bases that are woody and not heavily oriental.
You may need to experiment with how much to spray. By contrast, for cooler weather I prefer something lush like Montale Jasmin Full or Patou's Joy.

Thank you for your recommendations! I just realized most of these I have as samples but never really tried properly - I tried "Pure Poison" around Christmas when it was very dry and cold and probably most of its genius was lost on me. I will soon get my hands on both "Joy" and "Mon Jasmin Noir" as it happens, so I am really looking forward to those! I really liked "Jasmin Noir" as a clean generic mainstream jasmine workhorse as well...

Pipette, apparently "La Route d'Emeraude" has been discontinued :/ Would it be hard to find though?
10 years ago
Chanel "Cristalle (eau de parfum)" has a noticeable jasmine. 20% strong I'd say, but that was too much for me, while I like the rest of the perfume Smile

Pipette probably means "La Route d'Emeraude (2012)"

What about ELdO's "Charogne"? Lily + incense + vanilla. Not jasmine but it's unique Smile
10 years ago
Yes, "La Route d'Emeraude (2012)" - after a sampled I just had to have a bottle and wrote a blog article and a review about it. Still a great favorite. The scent is voluptuous and a little goes a long way. Pure sensual jasmine of the best kind.

Not for every day, rather for a festivity or a rendez-vous - let the walk on the beach be special, or ... [fill in your fantasies].
10 years ago
I agree La Route Emeraude is lovely, but also incredibly sweet.
I also recommend Ramon Monegal - Lovely Day. Glorious sunshine perfume with Jasmine that is not indolic. Yay!
10 years ago
"Glam Jasmine" by Michael Kors
9 years ago
I have ordered Le Jasmin by Annick Goutal. I seem to like unusual Jasmines, such as Eclat de Jasmin from the Prive range (not at current day prices) Do you like indolic Jasmine?
9 years ago
9 years ago
Okay, the Le Jasmin arrived. I have worn it three days. The first day I didn't get it, it didn't compute. The second day it did but I still sprayed some Grand Amour over the top. On the third day I couldn't do without the Grand Amour to bolster it after wearing it for an hour solo.
This is very light and tropical. As with most Goutals it settles down after ten minutes of confused aromas. The exception is Nuit Etoilee, gorgeous from start to finish
9 years ago
L'Artisan offers the airy sparkly "La Chasse Aux Papillons" which is highly circulated for a niche brand and then Serge Lutens' "A La Nuit" knocks-'em out cold with "Moroccan, Indian and Egyptian jasmine" together in a composition with green notes, honey - they dance on the skin like magical nymphs in a Mid-Summer Night's Dream.
Another one for the purest is "Rodin" - simple solid, pricey - three note song. Not unlike Tom Ford's "Jasmin Rouge"... I practically had to show ID to test it at the counter...not all that...jasmine water in gorgeous red glass. I just tried "Nuda" again, and I thought...good but not worth it for what it is- which is not very unique sort like Jasmine oil from the natural foods store in an bottle with a funky cap. Wow, there are quite a few others that I can't recall at the moment.
9 years ago
Nice breakdown Flovorite. It's interesting you found Chasse aux Papillons to be in the Jasmine field. It was all tuberose on my skin. I am going to have to move a La Nuit to the top of my test list after reading your description.
6 years ago
Fleur de LalitaFleur de Lalita would be my recommendation. Dewy and charming, perhaps a tad too innocent until its late drydown, when the ambrette emerges.
Notify about new comments
Jump to