Search Forum

A Mislead Friendly Gesture?

A Mislead Friendly Gesture? 9 years ago
My friend just informed me that he bought this#Ad for me. I'm a bit dubious. I suspect it's a fake.
Why? Well:

1. It's coming from Turkey and he seems to have a very large quantity of this for sale.

2. He has one negative feedback stating a fake for this item (but that could be someone being mistaken or misguided).

3. The color of the bottom label is white, I thought it should be clear.

It is supposed to arrive soon so I can scrutinize it more. I'd feel terrible if my friend wasted almost $70 bucks on this.

What do you guys think? Did he get Robbed?
9 years ago
Yes. It has all the hallmarks of a scam.
9 years ago
On e-bay, you are fumbling around at your own risk.

A few times I was lucky, a few times I was not so lucky.

Always try to examine the seller, via the feed-back, via other clues, at least google him/her.

Buyer beware.
9 years ago
It might be fake. I learned the hard way, too. Maybe diplomatically tell him it's best to avoid sellers with ratings less than 98%. With 232 replies, 94.5% means 13 people rated your seller negative. That's a lot because I think most people avoid giving a negative unless their experience is truly bad.
9 years ago
I have bought a lot of things on eBay and sold a few as well. I've gotten some great deals, but I don't buy perfumes that are new and popular like this unless I've had previous interactions with the seller. It sounds like your friend just didn't know some of these tips for avoiding scams. Of course, you can report it - but it's nicer not to have to deal with it in the first place. Sad. Sad
9 years ago
I love getting a good perfume deal on ebay but then you are left wondering, is this a real item or not? The alternative is to pay through the nose for rare perfumes that sometimes pop up at exclusive stores. At least you know you got a genuine product but the price difference makes me cringe.
9 years ago
A little off topic -

I just purchased the tester of M. Micallef "Watch Time for Love" from the seller in this#Ad link (first picture). Can only recommend, because it was the true item.
9 years ago
Bottle arrived yesterday. It's definately a fake. It's a good fake. If I didn't already have Velvet Orchid I might not have known. Now I just need to figure out how to get my friend his money back.
9 years ago
Just give him a perfume, too.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands A Mislead Friendly Gesture?
Jump to