Search Forum

Weekly scent Discussion #7: Which Nose creates for you?

Weekly scent Discussion #7: Which Nose creates for you? 9 years ago
There are a couple of perfumers whose creations always seem to "work" on me. Everything they do just smells fantastic on my skin and I know if I buy something they were instrumental in creating, it's gonna be a home run.

The one perfumer that really comes to mind for me is Francis Kurkdijan. If you look at my wardrobe you'll see many of the different creations he's had a hand in. I was AMAZED when I looked at all the different things he's worked on for the first time and noticed how many were scents I really adored and already owned. I was collecting his stuff without even realizing it.

Bebe, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Demeter Holy water are all some cheapies that worked for me, to my surprise. I had No idea he was behind them.

Many of my favorites he also had a hand in: Carven Le Parfum, APOM Pour Femme, Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile, Guerlain Rose Barbare, Yves Rocher Creasier en Fleurs, Lady Vengence, etc...

I haven't done the math, but I strongly suspect if you tally up the different noses represented in my wardrobe he would been in the top running for the largest percentage of creations in my love bin.

So whose nose just creates magic specifically for you?
9 years ago
I also love Kurkdjian and Duchafour. Vasnier has good stuff. By no means do these noses create everything I love but they have a fine touch.
9 years ago
My nr. 3 is Duchaufour and my nr. 2 is Kurkdjian, but my favourite is Jean-Claude Ellena.
9 years ago
JCE, Duchaufour, Sheldrake, Ropion, Isabelle Doyen, Jacques Guerlain and Jean-Paul Guerlain. I couldn't narrow it down any further than that. Embarassed
9 years ago
Christopher Sheldrake, Jean-Claude Elena and Olivia Giacobetti
9 years ago
For me, some of the Noses that resonate are: Michael Boadi, Maurice Roucel, Calice Becker, Frank Voelkl and Christopher Sheldrake.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Weekly scent Discussion #7: Which Nose creates for you?
Jump to