Search Forum

Dolce & Gabanna

Dolce & Gabanna 12 years ago
It seems that D&G going to reformulate" Dolce & Gabanna" The most wonder full D&G smell in my opinion

The will replace it with a fruity floral in a pink bottle

Thoughts on this?
12 years ago
you mean the red Cap?!
12 years ago
Lola82:
you mean the red Cap?!

yes, the scent with the red cap will be re formulated Lola
12 years ago
No no no this can't be I Love the Original We shouls tock up as much as Possible
12 years ago
i'M Tried of all of these Watered down Fruity Florals I Think I'm Going to Convert my Collection To Niche Lines Because their is no variety in the designer Department
12 years ago
Lola82:
i'M Tried of all of these Watered down Fruity Florals I Think I'm Going to Convert my Collection To Niche Lines Because their is no variety in the designer Department

Its sad but true
12 years ago
you know what if they reformulate this Baby I'm Converting all to Niche and Classic Find because in the designer World there is no Artistry
12 years ago
I just bought a bottle of the original while it last
11 years ago
That Red Cap D&G is everywhere!
Question: Does anyone know how to tell if the D&G By is authentic? I have a batch code of FK01. The store has 3 bottles. I would like to buy but I heard this fragrance is often faked. It appears authentic to me but does anyone here have any tell tale signs if it is authentic OR fake?
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Question: Does anyone know how to tell if the D&G By is authentic? I have a batch code of FK01. The store has 3 bottles. I would like to buy but I heard this fragrance is often faked. It appears authentic to me but does anyone here have any tell tale signs if it is authentic OR fake?

Mostly the bottle and de packaging has the same code on them. Then its original
11 years ago
Delphine67:
Digindirt:

Mostly the bottle and de packaging has the same code on them. Then its original

Yes, I found 3 bottles at one store...unheard of right? I opened one, it appeared authentic but someone was saying that D&G By are often faked. I was looking for another tell-tale sign to look for to see if it was real or fake.
The batch I did check was on the bottle and the box. FK01. I'll check the other two later today
11 years ago
One way to check a bottle is to try the "Cosmetic Calculator". It's a website that allows you to plug in the the product manufacture code stamped on the the bottle and it will tell you the date your perfume was manufactured. It's not foolproof, for a few obvious reasons, but it's one additional way to fact check your purchase.

For me, the biggest problem is actually reading the number since it is often printed or stamped at the last stage of production on top of other label info. You may have hold the bottle up to a light at just the right angle to decipher the number. Also, there may be a few different numbers stamped on the bottle so you might have try more than one. Even then, as with all Internet info, if the number isn't entered exactly correct the checker won't work.

If nothing else it's fun to imagine standing at the production line of Chanel as YOUR bottle of Cuir de Russie whizzes by on Feb. 21, 2011...

I need to get a life Laughing

Here's the link:
http://checkcosmetic.net/
11 years ago
I did not find that code in the cosmetic check, which is the reason I am asking.
I'll look again...
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I did not find that code in the cosmetic check, which is the reason I am asking.
I'll look again...

As you probably know, DiDi, it doesn't always work. I've tried with bottles that I can be sure are authentic and they come up blank. For me, Burberry seems not to be cooperative in the calculator and the numbers are particularly difficult to read. I've tried switching zeros for O's and 6's for G's but to no avail. Hope you get an answer. Confused
11 years ago
I posted a topic on Basenotes and still no suggestions. I'm going to get it, maybe all 3.
11 years ago
D&G is P&G!

All bets are off...

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Digindirt:

Done Deal!
11 years ago
That was a lucky buy! Keep them safe! Very Happy
Notify about new comments
Jump to