Search Forum

Do you have a dog-walking perfume?

Do you have a dog-walking perfume? 10 years ago
Warm from sleep, a bit bleary eyed, I leave the house early in the morning to walk the dogs. They are little and big, I call them Batman and Robin, the dynamic duo. On the way out of my bedroom, before I let them out of their crates, I usually puff a little smidge of fragrance, Apres L'Ondee, Eau du Sud, Yardley Iris or Noa. The later perfume of the day is a different matter. Do you bother with perfume at this time of day? If you stroll out for coffee is the perfume choice very different?
10 years ago
No. For the early hours I like citrus and aquatics.

But I do wear odd fragrances to the supermarket. If I have a fragrance that I'm not confident about to wear to the usual occasions then sometimes I try it out while getting my groceries.
9 years ago
I don't even always wear pants when I walk the dogs in the morning! They wake up at about 5:30am these days ready to rage-pee on the nice creamy colored carpet. But if I did have time to spritz/dab something- I think it would be Ava Luxe- Cafe Noir
9 years ago
Laughing at "rage pee," Flavorite.

I have no particular fragrance for walking the dog, but whenever I test new things my doggy goes batty. Their sense of smell is so acute, it must be like a rave or something for them when we put on perfume.
9 years ago
Wow, Cryptic...that is so true! I never really considered my dogs or cat's feelings about my "stinky obsession"- it's must be totally overwhelming for them to be in the same room with all those different testers when we're trying 4 or 5 different fragrances in a day at such high intensity. I'm going to test cheese and bacon fragrances next just to give them a treat.
9 years ago
No way would I wear fragrance when walking my dog. Many marshes where mosquitoes breed and swarm are attracted to the smell. Twisted Evil
9 years ago
Cincy:
No way would I wear fragrance when walking my dog. Many marshes where mosquitoes breed and swarm are attracted to the smell. Twisted Evil

I used to save my "With Love" by Hilary Duff for walking in the swampy forest behind my house...I think it has a natural bug repellent in it (cedarwood oil, most likely).
9 years ago
Must buy "With Love"
Thanks Flavorite
8 years ago
I find it a good time for trying new samples (especially challenging ones) that have just been sent because I always wash my hands when we get back so it gets removed soon. Excepting one. I wore the Bogue Maai one day when it was really cold and it got onto the sleeve of my jacket. It was there for a long time.
8 years ago
I quite like a soft skin scent on my wrists in the morning. Nuit Etoilee is nice, a bit of pine and mint. The dogs have to put up with my odour as long as I put up with theirs, and you know they aint always Fido Dog wash fresh
8 years ago
Very sadly, my girl passed almost a year ago now. I never really "walked" her, though. I would simply take her into the yard, and I never applied fragrance to do it. We walked at the park after a game of fetch, which was her favourite thing in the world to do. We would go there several times a week. I never specifically applied fragrance to that either.
8 years ago
My dogs still run away when the perfume bottle comes out, however I tell them that they shouldn't be in my bedroom anyway. I was wearing Musc Nomade until my husband observed me opening a replacement and said "This says, for Men" to which I replied "The perfume is the same in the feminine bottle or the masculine" whereupon he took great interest in said bottle and Musc Nomade has moved to his side of the dresser. He loves the stuff. Bast... Now I have to use my remaining stash of Apres L'Ondee.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Do you have a dog-walking perfume?
Jump to