Search Forum

Weekly Scent Discussion #17: You Tube Reviewers

Weekly Scent Discussion #17: You Tube Reviewers 9 years ago
There are so many people that review scents on you tube. I was astounded when looking for a review of Clinique Happy (I suspect my bottle is off, though it could just be I hate the scent that much).

I found that Katy Puckrik was somewhat amusing but that I had to cherry pick which reviews I watched. I actually found her perfume collection videos most amusing. Lex Ellis was suggested to me, but I wasn't feeling it. There was one girl I watched a few months ago that I liked. I wish I wrote her name down. Someone once suggested two brothers or something but I can't seem to remember enough to look them up.

I really like Ouch110, Our opinions align on many things, so I've leaned to trust his opinion (That name sounds so familiar to me, I swear I've seen it somewhere other than youtube...). I really liked his review of Kenzo jungle L'Elephant.

One thing that amazes me about many reviewers is how they don't spray the scent on their skin for the review. From my experience many scents just don't fully blossom without the warmth of skin.

In general I like to watch reviews as well as read them. People pass a lot on in their body language which can say much about a scent that you can't pick up by reading words. I think in general for good perfume information I still turn to the written word. How about you?

Are there any reviewers you enjoy watching for entertainment sake? Any that you watch because you trust their opinions? I'd love some good leads!
Last edited by Briarthorn on 08.08.2015, 11:49; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
I love watching YouTube reviews of perfumes of interest. Yes, there are many reviewers.

Have some of Parfumo members done reviews on YouTube? If so, please come forward and include the link.

Thank you.
9 years ago
I just had another thought -

if a perfume has been reviewed on YouTube by a Parfumo member, that link could be included on their Profile page and on the respective Perfume Page.
9 years ago
Just found another reviewer that isn't bad, Fragrance Talk. I like how he breaks down the notes and comments on how they work together and come across.
9 years ago
Briarthorn:
Just found another reviewer that isn't bad, Fragrance Talk. I like how he breaks down the notes and comments on how they work together and come across.

Could you kindly include that link for our benefit? (Just copy/paste the URL line.) Thank you.
Re: Weekly Scent Discussion #17: You Tube Reviewers 9 years ago
Briarthorn:

I really like Ouch110, Our opinions align on many things, so I've leaned to trust his opinion (That name sounds so familiar to me, I swear I've seen it somewhere other than youtube...).

He is a nice person for sure. We had contact on Fragrantica when he started the channel. He really made something out of a few videos by now Very Happy
Maybe that's where you know him from Ouch! on Fragrantica.
I invited him over I guess, but his focus might be on the video reviews now (although he could implement them here).
9 years ago
I enjoy watching Katie Puckrik from time to time, but as Briarthorn mentioned I "cherry pick" her vids because some of them are too long-winded, redundant or I simply don't agree with her. lol However, she has made me chuckle a few times, so I have to give her some credit. I haven't watched OUCH yet, but I will now. There's a Youtuber named MOODY BOO REVIEWS/fubar 1963 that is very helpful and amusing. She seems to concentrate on niche and indies much of the time, but does review a fair share of mainstreams as well. I highly recommend her channel. She has many videos and seems to post new ones more frequently than some of the others fragrance reviewers on the Tube.
9 years ago
I very much like Lanier Smith; a gentleman with a quiet soothing voice that reviews a wide range of perfumes from cheap and cheerful to niche.

I also like Katie Puckrik Smells but she hasn't been posting much of late (nothing for nearly a year).

A third one I like is Moody Boo Reviews. She posts regularly, she is amusing, and her love of perfumes really translates well to video.
9 years ago
I've never seen Moody Boo. I'll be sure to look her up Smile
9 years ago
For a while I liked domperrier but he no longer does reviews.

It was his review of Phul Nana that got me interested in Grossmith (not very good sound quality but a soothing voice).
8 years ago
Ouch110 has been posting new reviews on youtube. YAY!
7 years ago
This video was a huge hit for me. The deadpan delivery, mispronunciations and especially the "wife" are genius. I completely lost it at the 6:49 mark.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAczrW84M0
7 years ago
Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Reviews of Pia & Nick on You Tube : Love to smell 7 years ago
They are doing this now for a while and I just love the way they do the reviews, there's a lot of laughter and humor in it Very Happy
6 years ago
Cryptic:
This video was a huge hit for me. The deadpan delivery, mispronunciations and especially the "wife" are genius. I completely lost it at the 6:49 mark.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAczrW84M0

Hahaha! Priceless!!

I think Sebastian Jara does good reviews: www.youtube.com/user/LookFeelSmellGreat/
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Weekly Scent Discussion #17: You Tube Reviewers
Jump to