Search Forum

What is the "Aventus" of female fragrances?

What is the "Aventus" of female fragrances? 8 years ago
I mean that modern (2000s) fragrance that every lady will want in her wardrobe. An instant head turner, a crowd pleaser, a versatile juice, something that has gotten hold of the female collector like Aventus did to the male folks.
8 years ago
There is no such sure-fire thing. Women, by nature, tend to be more versatile or, should I say, delve into details.

Therefore, many modern perfumes are chosen to adorn themselves with.

One statement-making perfumes I could come up with, is

"Art Collection - Rouge No.2" by M. Micallef.

Girls, name others, please.
8 years ago
Hi, Keppy. My vote would be for Coromandel, but Parfumo has tons of data on this sort of thing. Under "Parfumo trends," check out "Often desired." "Popular decants" and "Often noted down" might also be a helpful source of info. Idea

www.parfumo.com/Discover/ParfumoTrends/Often_D esired
8 years ago
My vote would be for Coco Mademoiselle. SO many female collectors have it, or one of its imitators. For instance, if you look here on Parfumo at how many members have it, you find:

Coco Mademoiselle edt - 128
Coco Mademoiselle edp - 491

Coco Mad has given rise to a whole genre of popular and less-expensive scents that might be called imitations: Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour has 210; Jil Sander Eve has 125; Miro Magic has 74; Yves Rocher So Elixir has 138.

The number who have Aventus? 642, just a little bit more than the Coco Mademoiselle numbers.
8 years ago
Not sure we have one, Keppy, but among the contenders would have to be:

Amethyst by Lalique
No. 1 by Clive Christian

Secondarily because they're strong (not a bad thing here IMO):

For Her by Narcisso Rodriquez
Une Rose by Frederick Malle

p.s. Can't forget Bottega Veneta. It just might be the one.
8 years ago
PBullFriend, I think you nailed it.
8 years ago
Thanks, dear ScentFan - it is one of those rarities that smells pretty good on pretty much every woman.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What is the "Aventus" of female fragrances?
Jump to