Search Forum

Simple pleasures - Perfumed body wash

Simple pleasures - Perfumed body wash 9 years ago
There is nothing as nice - well almost - like a fresh, perfumed shower. Numerous products are on the market but one stands out -

www.houseofcaress.com/campaigns/caressforeverc ollection

I have the "Adore Forever" - really nice.

12 hours of lasting fragrance - that is exaggerated but the initial burst of fine fragrance is nice.
Beware of perfumed body wash! 9 years ago
To be honest, I prefer soaps and body washs that are not strongly scented. I don't want them to interfere with the perfume that I will be wearing.

It is quite difficult to find products that aren't scented at all, so I go for somethimg that smells nicely, is discreet and without lots of longevity. I feel very much at home with Speick.
9 years ago
Sadly, Caress is owned by Unilever, which tests on animals:

veganrabbit.com/list-of-companies-that-do-test -on-animals/

Many of the mainstream brands are owned by Procter & Gamble or L'Oreal, both of which do. I have some products of theirs, but I take care not to buy any new ones. If I really want something by Gucci, Lauren, Lancome, The Body Shop, etc., I buy it used on eBay so I'm not putting money in the pockets of these cruel companies.
9 years ago
I like scented body washes, but I don't get them often because I can't smell them long after I get out. One I love (but refuse to buy) is L'Occitane's Amande Body Oil. It smells amazing (as does everything from this particular line), but it is $40 a bottle. No way - not for a shower item. I have been using Sephora's "100 point perk" sample sizes of it for a couple months, but I think they just stopped featuring those. Sad

Another I like is Dove's Magnolia and Pistachio body wash. It smells so good aaaand it's a little more affordable/reasonable.
9 years ago
Needed something to push my order up into "free shipping" and stumbled upon this beauty- lovely spicy lily and carnation- went back and ordered another bottle and the room diffuser immediately I'm lovin' it!
Casa by Apothia
8 years ago
I like to use scented shower gels from perfume designers, even if they are expensive.
I think it's a good idea to buy a shower gel of the perfume you want instead of blind buying a perfume bottle; as it's much easier to finish if it's a scent you didn't like so much. With the shower gels you can enjoy perfume without have it around you all day (especially powerhouse scents)
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Simple pleasures - Perfumed body wash
Jump to