Search Forum

Life of a Nose - Viktoria Minya

Life of a Nose - Viktoria Minya 8 years ago
This may be of interest for want-to-be future perfumers - Viktoria Minya's insights into the business, an interview by Kafkaesque.
8 years ago
Very different and open take. It makes me want to try and own her perfumes. From what I have tried, they are lovely. However, I disagree with one point: for me, the more I know about the perfume composition process, the less enchanted I am. Working in perfume and enjoying it are not the same thing: as a consumer, I don't want the mystery dispelled by talk of molecules. However, I am interested in the science of perfume. They have to remain separate, like a double life. It's kind of like your favorite actor: you really love him on screen but once you find out about his personal life, things kinda get ruined. He is just a man after all. The same for perfumes.

I agree with her that perfume houses are putting out an ideal, an emotion or an archetype. Everybody knows that you won't become Charlize Theron if you wear J'Adore but it is fun to pretend.
8 years ago
Yes, it is true that even though we are led by the nose through clever advertising, perfumes as such are an enjoyable matter down to the tiniest molecule.

One of my New Year's resolutions was not to add any more expensive bottles - I have failed miserably.

Spray away.
8 years ago
Thanks, Pipette. Fascinating. Scanned and will read in depth because I'm thinking of looking for a mini-course. Oh, how I'd love to have that perfume organ of hers! Must try her scents. I, too, have given up all hope of self-restraint when it comes to perfume. ScentedSalon, personally I do like the science and art together, but it doesn't matter. The world would be so boring if we were all alike. Our differences make things interesting.
8 years ago
Same here. I did not last a month. What did you buy?

Pipette:
Yes, it is true that even though we are led by the nose through clever advertising, perfumes as such are an enjoyable matter down to the tiniest molecule.

One of my New Year's resolutions was not to add any more expensive bottles - I have failed miserably.

Spray away.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Life of a Nose - Viktoria Minya
Jump to