Search Forum

What's up with Chanel?

What's up with Chanel? 8 years ago
Are sample suppliers dumping Chanel? Surrender To Chance specifically says they won't be carrying it in the future and TPC has all Chanel on sale. Anybody know what's up?
8 years ago
Ooh. That makes me think of a lawsuit/crackdown sort of thing. Maybe just one vaguely hinted at, though. When Bond No 9 threatened to sue everyone and her brother, all of the sample places pulled it immediately without putting it on sale. I know Chanel has a huge legal department because they are among the most counterfeited companies in the world. Maybe they had some spare time & decided to go after the decant folks, too. That's truly unfortunate, because a LOT of people won't get to try some of the lesser-known Chanel stuff now - the expensive stuff that TPC and StC were selling by the half-milliliter. Sad
8 years ago
That is indeed unfortunate if samples and decants are being taken off the market because of legal issues as PBullFriend mentioned. It's always good to be able to test a pricey fragrance before spending a lot on a FB. Even after spending a good deal of time reading reviews and searching out fragrance notes I've made some expensive mistakes when I've not been able to find a sample!
8 years ago
Thanks, PBullFriend and Fhaldara. What a bad development for us! Guess I'll have to haul in their samples now or forget a future Chanel sniff fest!
8 years ago
I got in under the wire and obtained several Chanel decants and partially full bottles. There are presently NO Chanels on sale now at TPC or StC.
8 years ago
PBullFriend:
Ooh. That makes me think of a lawsuit/crackdown sort of thing. Maybe just one vaguely hinted at, though. When Bond No 9 threatened to sue everyone and her brother, all of the sample places pulled it immediately without putting it on sale. I know Chanel has a huge legal department because they are among the most counterfeited companies in the world. Maybe they had some spare time & decided to go after the decant folks, too. That's truly unfortunate, because a LOT of people won't get to try some of the lesser-known Chanel stuff now - the expensive stuff that TPC and StC were selling by the half-milliliter. Sad

This is exactly what happened. The next big development for Chanel will be the Les Exclusifs reformulations. They will stop making the EdTs in September 2016. In future the Exclusifs will only be made in EdP formulation with newly incorporated IFRA regulations. Prices probably will increase by a good bit. I cannot decide if it is better to purchase some of the EdTs now or to wait and see what the future will bring.
8 years ago
Thanks, Oriane. I have Misia and it's stunning. Will check the rest out before September.
8 years ago
ScentFan:
Thanks, Oriane. I have Misia and it's stunning. Will check the rest out before September.

You are welcome, ScentFan. One of my perfume loving friends adores Misia, but she said the longevity is quite poor. I found the same to be true of my Bois des Iles---beautiful fragrance but poor longevity, sillage, and projection. My friend said Coromandel is not bad. It was on my list, so I decided to order it. I am very interested to see what will happen with Chanel after September, though.
8 years ago
Honestly, I haven't noticed a longevity problem with Misia. On me it reeks. I plan a visit to a Chanel counter next week. Will report.
8 years ago
^^^ Oh, yes, please do. If you can test 31 Rue Gambon and 1932, that would be so helpful, too. Thanks! Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What's up with Chanel?
Jump to