Search Forum

Weekly Scent Discussion #25: It's been awhile

Weekly Scent Discussion #25: It's been awhile 7 years ago
It's been sometime since I posted a weekly discussion. Life has kept me very busy.

So what were the highlights for you in the past year I've been away? Anything really fantastic you discovered? Learned anything new you think we'd like to hear?

Let's catch up and talk story.
7 years ago
Hey there, how have you been? How's the baby doing? Nice to see a familiar "face" on here.

I've mostly been rediscovering fragrances that I haven't worn since last spring, like Coach edt because I love the long lasting lily of the valley in that one. As well as Fleur d'eau by Rochas because of its gorgeous mimosa note.

Only recent discovery for me would be Golden Sand by Al Rehab- I've been looking for the perfect caramel frag for years & I finally found it! I have my eye on some decants online but haven't decided which ones to order just yet.

How about you?
7 years ago
I've been out of the fragrance loop for sometime. I couldn't really wear perfume while I was pregnant and then right after I had the baby we moved and my scents are still packed up (even though we moved in September). Alice is doing well. I can't believe she will be one on the 18th of next month. Her brother's adore her. The Leif, the 4yr old, plays with her most of the day. It's cute. Mendel, the 7yr old, has discovered he can pick Alice up and wants to carry her all day. It's amusing.

I'll have to check out Golden Sand. It sounds great and at the AL Rehab price it's not much of a risk.

I want to start reviewing again. I'll probably start with my collection. I still have a ton of things in there I haven't done a proper review on. There are a few reviews I'd like to revisit too. I'm so out of practice thought I'm afraid it's gonna take a bit of time to retrain my nose etc. With all the money we are pouring into the house I'm going to have to focus on reviewing my collection and samples for awhile. I don't see any funds for a new bottle any time soon.
7 years ago
Many congratulations. I can't believe a year has passed.

So far I am pleased with the two recent blind purchases I made of Amber Oud and Romance oils by Rasasi.

The slightly warmer weather means I can pull out the oils and get them into rotation. I guess if I had central heating I could wear them in the winter but I don't and find they just sit there in a lump on my arm in the cold.
7 years ago
Congratulations on the new baby!

7 years ago
Thank you for the warm wishes. I've never seen that Bvlgari set before. I wonder how it smells.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Weekly Scent Discussion #25: It's been awhile
Jump to