Search Forum

Sniff Fest - Louis Vuitton

Sniff Fest - Louis Vuitton 7 years ago
Here's a quick one

In 1837 Louis Vuitton decided he wanted to make trunks, which brings us to 2016, when the house decided to launch a new perfume line, its first since 1930. Instead of buying the miniature collection ($290) of Les Parfums Louis Vuitton, or going to their luxe store at the Galleria here,

I sent for samples from The Perfumed Court and get to test them in the comfort of my home. Here goes:
Apogee

Good gracious. A quality woody-floral, starring Lily-of-the-valley. Also Jasmine, Magnolia, May rose supported by musk, Gaiac wood and Sandalwood. Now these are folks who know what to do with a flower. Who is this designer? Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud, born in Grasse, son and grandson of perfumers, worked at factories in Grasse from age 10. We are in excellent hands.

Contre Moi
Against Me

OMG! Amazing. Tahitian vanila, Madagascan vanilla, orange blossom, rose centifolia, magnolia, cocoa and ambrette seed. Faaabulous! If the notes appeal, you can safely buy it blind.

Dans Le Peau
In the skin

OMG! Leather, two Jasmines, Apricot, Narcissus in its magnificence. If the notes appeal, buy blind.

Matiére Noire
Black matter

Ooooh! Divine! I kid you not! A dark, oudy, black curranty joy of Narcissus, Jasmine and Patchouli.

Mille Feux
(Thousand Fires)

Picture yourself on a train platform, standing beside your Louis Vuitton. What do passersby smell? Beauty!

Rose des Vents
(Compass)

A rose to make you weep! Beauty! Beauty! The Centifolia, Turkish and Bulgarian with iris and cedar.

Turbulences

Beauty in tuberose, also jasmine, magnolia, may rose and leather. We've experienced these notes a thousand times but rarely, if ever, like this.

This collection is a Tour de Force. Louis Vuitton, maker of quality things, decided to hire a gifted designer, hand him the best materials and set him free. The result is beyond WOW. Okay, okay, what am I going to do? Perhaps I can sell the china? Just kidding, just kidding. (Gotta stop these sniff fests.)

All I can say is my arms smell like wonder where I dabbed these glories on — every single last one of them a star.
7 years ago
Oh dear, you make me want to sell my china and grand piano too (kidding! Especially the latter part!)
You make each of them sound gorgeous, what an agony of having tasted (in this case, second-hand via your great description) something I can't obtain. My 'fashion' sense was never developed enough to appreciate the LV design, but I am sure their perfumes would appeal by far stronger to me.
Thank you for the wonderful read of the lineup in a nutshell, ScentFan!
7 years ago
I am glad something coherent came across in my excitement, Anessa. Not to worry. In Cabotine, I see you have one of the greats.

Anessa:
Oh dear, you make me want to sell my china and grand piano too (kidding! Especially the latter part!)
You make each of them sound gorgeous, what an agony of having tasted (in this case, second-hand via your great description) something I can't obtain. My 'fashion' sense was never developed enough to appreciate the LV design, but I am sure their perfumes would appeal by far stronger to me.
Thank you for the wonderful read of the lineup in a nutshell, ScentFan!
7 years ago
Your excitement as well as the sensations of each scent was not only palpable but contagious, and I also loved to read (feel) the sincere enthusiasm Smile Thank you about Cabotine, it is also my 'signature' if I ever had one!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Sniff Fest - Louis Vuitton
Jump to