Search Forum

Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)

126 - 150 by 267
9 years ago
Never noticed that heart. I made a sizable donation shortly after I joined and somehow got the impression Parfumo was all set and not really seeking contributions.
9 years ago
Welcome Briarthorn. Good to see you initiating and participating in forum discussions.
9 years ago
Thank you so much for your support! I hope the Paypal link is working now:
www.parfumo.com/Support
Greetings to All! 8 years ago
Warmest greetings to all!

I am quite new to parfumo. I stumbled upon the site a few days ago and immediately registered. I very much like the site and am always interested to read what others have to say about the many, many fragrances available today.

Fragrance has become something of a hobby for me these last few years. I have always loved fragrance, but I was only able to wear a very few fragrances whence I was young because most fragrances made me feel quite ill. Now, however, I have found that I can wear many different fragrances without any problems (thanks to IFRA restrictions??), and my collection has grown to more then sixty bottles, which is far more than I ever dreamt I would own and far more than I could possibly use up in what is left of my lifetime, but I enjoy them all very much.

My tastes have gravitated toward mainstream fragrances thus far, and my preference is for Orientals-Florientals, but I have a good variety of fragrances in my wardrobe including florals and chypres. I have very little experience of "niche" fragrances, although my favourite house bar none is Guerlain, which is considered "niche." I also like Chanel, Dior, and Piguet. I admit I was a fragrance snob whence I first began collecting a few years ago, but since then, thanks to the communities on Fragrantica and Basenotes, I have learnt that there are a lot of wonderful, inexpensive fragrances out there, including some celebrity fragrances, and my collection has broadened accordingly. Also, I have learnt that fragrances lovers as a whole are kind and generous people. I am grateful to everyone who has helped me along in my journey to discover and fall in love with new fragrances.

I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you.

Best wishes,
Oriane
8 years ago
Oriane, glad to hear you are happy with Parfumo. I will look forward to reading your posts.
8 years ago
Cincy:
Oriane, glad to hear you are happy with Parfumo. I will look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you, Cincy. Nice of you to say. Smile
8 years ago
Hi Oriane and welcome. I like your reviews. Just bought the last 1 oz Black Amethyst perfume on Amazon. Can't wait to smell it.
8 years ago
ScentFan:
Hi Oriane and welcome. I like your reviews. Just bought the last 1 oz Black Amethyst perfume on Amazon. Can't wait to smell it.

Hello, ScentFan. Thank you very much. I am glad someone has found the reviews helpful.

I hope you enjoy your Black Amethyst! B&BW is having a semi annual sale right now, too, so if you like the EdT, you might want to try the body spray, shower gel, etc. All are on for really good prices at the moment, and their website is very easy to navigate.

Very Happy
8 years ago
Hi, Oriane. Black Amethyst arrived and I agree with your comparison to Coco Mademoiselle EdP, which has a difficult sharper note, as you say. Take that out and Coco would surpass Black Amethyst in beauty, though. At least, that's the report of my nose from putting Coco on the back of one hand and B.A. on the other and periodically sniffing. Thanks for the other info, but I don't use scented lotions and such. Looks like you're off and running here. Hope you enjoy parfumo.
7 years ago
Oriane:
very easy to navigate. Very Happy
Nice to hear that, welcome to Parfumo! Wink
7 years ago
Better late than never, I woud like to say hello here, after having left my scribbles on the home page several times, hopefully not itching anyone's eyes with those!

Before deciding to register on parfumo.com, I had been looking up both German and English parfumo reviews for some time, at first for deciding about blind purchases, later on just for the sake of reading about perfumes - because I discovered it was fun!
For me, reading comments on perfumes is a little similar to reading the musical score without actually listening to the piece rendered, and both the known and unknown is a pleasure, either you are following what you have experienced, or your phantasy gets stirred by images.

When I registered, it was not about writing reviews myself or build a wardrobe here, but I just felt I needed to show my thanks and appreciation to all the wonderful people here whose comments I really found helpful and often also very enjoyable, if only by means of awarding and rating them as helpful.
And I am continuing to do so, even if the reviews are from years ago and the activity of the reviewer has ceased. So, while the art of a perfume is often shorter than a life, its influences and inspirations will hopefully remain longer.

My 'fragrance experience' is nothing worth mentioning, so there only remains to add that in real life, I am a very taciturn person generally happier to listen than do the talking, except for when needed. Finding words comes very hard to me, and the overall high quality of the reviews here has kept me from trying myself. Nevertheless, I have started a bit to write about fragrances I have got to know, especially on those that have not received many comments yet, or where I feel the fragrance apparently has received only comments that are not mentioning all sides of it, sometimes caused by a system based on a 'democratically' obtained censorship (not on Parfumo, but elsewhere.)
I hope to be able to contribute a little, in this way.
Thanks for reading Smile

PS. By the way, I really feel awkward that, when I post a new blog article, it is being displayed on the homepage like in a show case for an eternity, until another entry rarely replaces the position! This keeps me from writing blog articles more often.
6 years ago
Hello Parfumo World Smile
My adventure with perfumes started about 4 years ago. I came here, cause I've heard a lot of good things about this site- especially largest perfumes base and kind people.
Also, I want to train English- I'm not writing in this language a lot, so my writing skills went down... but I'm reading and listening almost every day, so it's classic situation. I understand, but I can't write something such well, especially rapidly Embarassed

I hope we will have some nice time together Very Happy
6 years ago
Thanks for the introduction, RocketMan!
I'm glad you've heard good things about us and hope you feel at home soon.

Have fun discovering! Smile
Warning, long post, sry 6 years ago
Hello Parfumo!

After more then 10 years of interest of smells I still can't describe a scent very good (and in another language than my own, goodness). But I aim to try and learn.

I am from and live in Sweden. A mostly cold climate, with a people not caring much for perfume at all (as someone mentioned earlier in this thread). Wearing an edp is quite daring (yes how dare I...!) so, if any, people go for a discreet edt's. Thanks to brands like CLEAN more and more have begun to take interest in how they smell and actually find their way to Other Brands. My closest friends have just started "opening up their noses" for fragrance and see me as their go-to smeller.

I have an excellent sense of smell. Too excellent if you ask me. My partner on the other hand says "I was bred fir beauty, not a sense of smell" ... they vaguely sense anything. Perfect combo, right?

When I was growing up we didn't really have fragrance in the house at all. My father smelly of beer, manly sweat and snus (nordic tobacco) and mother smelt like a smoking person smoking. (I have my father's genes when it comes to body odour, so I sometimes refer to myself as a "spice girl".) Perfume still feels kind of new to me like that. I hope that feeling never goes out.

Due to my strong own natural aroma, my partner adores me (they CAN smell me at times and they're so happy for it). But it also "eats" a lot of fragrances I wear. A good longevity perfume probably vanishes on me rather quickly, especially aquatic and fresh stuff (the aromas I currently just love).

I live in a house in a green suburban area, we have foxes and deers running around, 5 minute walk to either lake or sea. It's wonderful. I walk my Swedish vallhund at night, just smelling the nature in different seasons and weathers.

I have a syndrome called E.D.S. which makes me a little too impaired at times, perfume is a good way of exploring new places without leaving bed. A blessing in many ways.

Oh! And I have a child that just turned 2. If he doesn't like a perfume I wear it's either swapped, sold, given away (we live in a small space so I can just have as many bottles that fits). Ok, some I keep because of *yum* but they are stashed away for "mommy's not home tonight"-occasions...

I am musician/sound engineer by trade, the one sitting in the studio with headphones behind a mixer board - and I find music and fragrance rather the same. Music make you feek stronger, more relaxed, more sexy, refreshed, concentrated.. or just noise in the background because it's pleasant. Or takes you back to that memory of *blank*. And fragrances has a composition, a riff, a beat, an ambient, a harmony (or disharmony). I feel like that toward fragrance and music, every note has its moment (pun intended).

Sorry for the long text. I just thought it was time I said hello to this wonderful community I joined. Seems like a happy place for people like me.

I am always looking for something new to sniff, give a holler if you have any thoughts about swaps .. or just thoughts Smile I would love to get some online nose-friends!
Not sure how to use this forum... 5 years ago
but perhaps with time and continued attempts, that will improve.
My name is Antigone; I'm 47 years old, American housewife with a life-long love of perfume. I also love to take pics of my perfumes and love that we can save them here at parfumo.com.
I have nothing but love for you, my fellow enthusiasts.
hello 5 years ago
hi, i'm Pamela from Italy. Love niche perfumes and I hope to be able to exchange and buy unavailable perfumes
5 years ago
Hello,

Im a man, Married and father of 2 beautyfull daughters. Daily work is sales.

My freetime spending is, dichters, friends, sporting and drinking in a bar.

Signature bussines scent: mfk baccarat extrait
Signature freetime scent: Roja l'oscar

In my collection i have Mostly : MFK, frederic Malle, roja and clive Christian.

Do You have questions, just pm me
5 years ago
Hello all,

I'm a newbie to the fragrance world. I'm in my 40s, work in software programming and this is an abridged version of my fragrance story.

I've always liked perfumes, but never actually bought any. The ones I had were gifts, either to me or my father, I would keep them all.

One fine morning last March, on a lovely sunny and quite warm day, I was coming out of the shower and my wife was getting ready to go to work.
As always she put on her perfume and I would smell the lovely scent trail that lingered on for a few minutes.

However, this morning was different. This morning I decided that I also wanted to smell nice. No problem, let me just get one of my perfumes and put it on.

There was just one snag in my cunning plan. I only had two perfumes and both were more of a going out at night kind. Particularly on a warm day for someone who only ever used perfumes on nights out.

Luckily I also had a sample of Lacoste Blanc, the stupid dabbling kind with no sprayer. So I put it on and left for work, with my mind set on remedying that situation.

That same day I ordered Tommy and Eternity Aqua, easy and safe choices for the upcoming seasons.

And then I went down the rabbit whole. With the whole shared knowledge of the fragrance community available at my fingertips through various sites and the likes of youtube, I got curiouser and curiouser. Today I'm a happy camper with about a dozen fragrances, 2 or 3 for each season and a few special ones.

Some of my favorite fragrances are Terre d'Hermès, CH Men Insignia, Ultra Male and Le Male Essence.
4 years ago
Hi guys, im new community member from Poland Smile
4 years ago
Matixx:
Hi guys, im new community member from Poland Smile

Greetings Matixx! We're glad you're here!
4 years ago
Hello from Spain, new in niche perfumes
4 years ago
I am new here.

My name is Mando C. Martinez. I live in U.S.A.
I'm an avid fragrance hound. I also like to make perfumes as hobby.
I used to sell perfumes long ago under the name: Parfums d'Armando Martinez via First in Fragrance. I stopped producing because I wasn't equipped to deal with a bigger production for it.
I have frequented fragrance boards long ago such as Perfume of Life and have met many wonderful persons on there which I have kept in touch on Facebook.
Other than fragrances, I am completely into my two yorkies. Ollie is a 1.9 months old boy and Dezi is a 4 month old girl. They are my pride and joy.
I also enjoy movies and reading.

I am glad to find a new place to learn/read about about scents and hopefully meet nice people.
4 years ago
Hello Parfumo member,

My name is Andrej, I live in Germany for a good 8 months. My fragrance journey started two years ago, when I was on a holiday in Italy. I love Profumum Roma brand, what else Smile
I am proud that I am not on facebook nor on instagram or any of the social networks. My long term plan is to create my own perfume brand, I hope I can read here some interesting articles, stories and experience from the other members.
4 years ago
Hello, I am Christèle. I am new here. I am a multi-disciplinary artist combining the senses of sight and smell in my practice. I first take pictures during travels. When back home, I translate these sensations into a scent.
Hello from NYC! 4 years ago

Hello, wonderful fellow fragrance lovers!

I am businessman in my 30's living and working in New York City. I learned a long time ago that the fairer sex appreciate it when a man, who already has good core qualities and fundamentals, puts some effort into his appearance, style, and presentation, which of course includes fragrance. My fragrance use mainly revolves around dating, making a positive impression on women I would hope to woo, and making the women in my life happy. If a fragrance puts me in a certain positive mood when I step out, even better! I know I appreciate it when I am in the company of someone who smells great, and it certainly enhances their creative self-expression.

I'm currently getting my MBA and hope to purchase some investment properties over the next decade, or at least do my very best along these lines with divine grace. I believe in the value of spirituality and I meditate every day. In these times of Corona, my heart goes out to displaced restaurant workers, and I will be sure to tip generously once we can start going out to dine again. I look forward to once again breaking bread with my coworkers and friends, and embracing family members who I love dearly.

One thing I singularly appreciate about the Parfumo community is finding someone who has very similar tastes, so I know that if they like something, it could be a great candidate for a new fragrance for me to discover among the millions of choices out there. Thank you all so much for being here and sharing your passion.

If you are a fellow enthusiast in NYC and have an interest in connecting IRL, feel free to message me!

Last edited by Meetjoeblack on 17.01.2022, 23:33; edited 2 times in total
126 - 150 by 267
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)
Jump to