Search Forum

Sniff Fest - Lalique Noir Premier

Sniff Fest - Lalique Noir Premier 7 years ago

Here's my quick sniff through Lalique's new collection, Noir Premier, which the website says, "highlights the milestones of Lalique history with contemporary fragrances whose names and themes are inspired by a legacy full of boldness and modernity. These scents, made of peerless ingredients, reveal novel facets of timelessly beautiful olfactory families."

It's the peerless ingredients that attracted my sneeze and asphyxia-weary nose, but in spite of the adverising not all are actually peerless. There are some winners here, though.
OR INTEMPOREL

Lalique calls this a spicy oriental but the only components present of the traditional formula (bergamot, jasmine, amber, musk and vanilla) are bergamot and vanilla . Never-you-mind, because coffee and tobacco beautifully take the place of musk, tolu balsam and patchouli the place of amber, and violet stands in nicely for jasmine. Nothing here overpowers and in that way it reminds me of the lovely new Louis Vuittons. The spice, coffee and violet do give it a youngish feel. Not sure I'd wear this, but I certainly could if it grows on me. It's nice to have high quality options.

FLEUR UNIVERSALE 1900

This instantly addictive scent contains a woody-ambery synthetic called Lorenox, that manages not to disturb my nose as the yummy Rum, Cardamom and Pepper top announces itself. As the top settles, the smooth strawflower, myrrh and cinnamon, resting in its Patchouli, Tonka base. A very well-blended and agreeable fragrance that skirts the edge of gourmand without diving in.

TERRE AROMATIQUES 1905

An earthy, herbal gourmand with lavendar at the center. Lemon and Pineapple subtly freshen the top. Orcanox, another synthetic brings in Ambergris. which has Tonka and Vetiver. Another well-blended, agreeable fragrance.

ROSE ROSALE 1935

Osthmanthus, Musk and Cashmeran manage to combine unfortunately here and make this one actually stink a little. The Rose is too subtle to help. Think dog poop in the flower bed.

FRUITS DU MOUVEMENT 1977

This one closes my nose. Must be the Cashmeran, a chemical. The rest is a muddle with not much to recommend it.

ÉLÉGANCE ANIMALE 1989

Well, it's not bad really if you like animalics. The Saffron is strong and something called Gurjun balsam. The florals help a good bit as does the simple leather, sandalwood base. I wouldn't wear it, but many a sultry perfumista might.

That's all of them. Of the lot, I'd go for the second and third.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Sniff Fest - Lalique Noir Premier
Jump to