Search Forum

Souk prices and ethical aspects

Souk prices and ethical aspects 7 years ago
Why ethical ? Okay : ethical means 'relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these'.

Yes, most of the time I have knowledge of the prices of perfumes. Especially of the perfumes which are not discontinued/vintage.

This topic is NOT ment to harsh any member here, nor to lecture.
But personally I find it not done when a bottle is offered in the souk for 50% more then when you buy it in a (web)store , especially when it's used.
On the other hand I see members here selling their perfumes for 60% below the exact price you have to pay for a new bottle.
For both counts : mostly it's only used ones.

Just be fair to members who are selling their perfumes way too low and don't tell them that the price it too high. When we see these selling-postings we all are aware that the seller is in need of money. Show some respect and don't make advantage of his or her situation.
7 years ago
Totally agree with this topic....people must not so begrudging to eachother ....cerntainly not if you share the same passion...
6 years ago
Parfummaniac:
Just be fair to members who are selling their perfumes way too low and don't tell them that the price it too high. When we see these selling-postings we all are aware that the seller is in need of money. Show some respect and don't make advantage of his or her situation.

Very commendable subject, Parfummaniac. You feel we shouldn't haggle if an item is already way below market price? If that's what you mean, I agree. Doing so in a communal environment is, at best, lacking in style.
But why would a low price necessarily indicate the seller is in need of money? As an example, I usually quote a figure ≤ 80% of the market price (given there is one), which I believe fit for a secondary market such as Parfumo's Souk is, but that's just my take.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Souk prices and ethical aspects
Jump to