Search Forum

Hunter by Atkinsons (1988) - A current alternative?

Hunter by Atkinsons (1988) - A current alternative? 6 years ago
Hi all, I used Hunter's Hunter many years ago and now I'm searching an alternative because it's out of production. I'm looking for a profume as cheap as Hunter was at its time (I remember I bought it for less than 20 euro here in Europe) so nothing expensive and it must be the closest possible to it for smell because I tried some cheap alternatives as L'homme Sauvage (by Capucci) and others but I wasn't ever satisfied by them as I was by Hunter. So can you please suggest me an alternative?
6 years ago
I fear what you have in mind may be a bit too specific, BreathOfJoy. But I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can provide some alternative to Atkinsons' Hunter. Good luck!
6 years ago
Although I don't know both of them and also not the one from Zara, but reading the reviews this might be an alternative :
www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Zara/D_Collection

Zara is not expensive and available in Italy
6 years ago
Thanks for suggestion, I know it's a hard job anyway I tried to do some "homework" Smile I just looked at the data of Hunter in its parfumo page:
-for men
-resinous-smoky
-of course its pyramid:
Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Rosemary, Lavender
Heart Notes: Basil, Juniper, Stone pine, Cardamom
Base Notes: Patchouli, Moss, Leather, Amber, Fir, Cedar
and "still in production".
I got many results and I've to filter them by price which is a budget priority for me Smile So I'd want to ask you where to look for prices of porfumo.net profumes to get a common gauge. I tried with amazon but many ones of them aren't there.
The only affordable one I saw for now is Drakkar Noir (by Guy Laroche) that costs less than 30 euro at amazon. Here're some data:
The scent is spicy-woody
Top Notes Artemisia, Basil, Bergamot, Lavender, Rosemary, Lemon, Lemon beebrush
Heart Notes Carnation, Jasmine, Coriander, Juniper, Cinnamon
Base Notes Amber, Oakmoss, Leather, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Fir, Vetiver, Cedarwood
and I'd want to know you opinion in comparison with Hunter. I think they'll be similar because they've many notes in common but the "scent" is different (resinous-smoky VS spicy-woody).
Thanks for help Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Hunter by Atkinsons (1988) - A current alternative?
Jump to