Search Forum

Big Jasmine, Where Art Thou?

Big Jasmine, Where Art Thou? 6 years ago
So, girls, we seem to agree that Jasmin Noir is very pretty but lacks oomph. That begs the question which jasmine-centred fragrances do not.

I love Jasmin et Cigarette! It's a beautiful janus-faced woody jasmine that won my heart right away.

The two Lutens renditions of the flower are both wonderful and I am sorely tempted by either one. Both, À La Nuit and Sarrasins, showcase a rich and carnal jasmine. While À La Nuit plays up the flower's green-tinged, high-pitched sparkle with a heady indole, Sarrasins takes an almost austere night route via the stables, where it garners a leathery, slightly animalic and somewhat sweetened facet.

On the other hand, Nasomatto's Nuda, with its sonorous, baroque or rather turgid take on jasmine, did not enchant me. And Alien, to me, presents itself with a shrill, overly stylised jasmine I find artificial and, frankly, quite off-putting.

Jasmin Rouge, I believe, I've yet to try.

What are your favourite, full-blown jasmine scents?
And boys, you are very welcome to chime in. Smile

I do not feel like writing verses;
but as I light my perfume burner with myrrh and jasmine incense,
they suddenly burgeon from my heart, like flowers in a garden.

~ Hafez ~
6 years ago
Nice topic, Mia. Smile

I've noticed that sometimes people shy away from jasmine soliflores because of the presence of indoles. "Jasmin Full" is one to try if you happen to dislike the skanky aspect of the note. Almost antiseptically clean, and brightened by orange blossom and honeysuckle.

Of all the jasmines I've tried, the Amouage attar was probably my favorite, but I never got around to buying it before it was discontinued. Sad Can't even remember enough about it in order to describe it coherently other than it was glorious.

I do love "Songes" by Annick Goutal, which I think of as Gauguin jasmine, complete with bananas and a tropical feel.
6 years ago
Thanks, Cryptic! And fabulous suggestions! Smile

The brightened, almost antiseptically clean character of Jasmin Full I can imagine and does pique my interest - will definitely check it out. I wonder who the nose employed for it might have been.

Real shame those Amouage attars are yet another fragrant jewel of the past. *sigh*

Songes is indeed stunningly beautiful! Apt analogy, your Gauguin jasmine. I've been on the brink of adding it to my collection ever since encountering it. Maybe it's time I had .. Is the current version still as wonderful as it used to be?

I forgot to mention Jasmin Kâma but can't remember why I didn't swoon over it. Perhaps I should revisit it.
3 years ago

I know I’m a bit late to the conversation but I’m hoping some people might still be on here. 

I tried a dupe (Dossier) of Jasmine Rouge and it is BEAUTIFUL. I definitely want to buy the real deal when I get a chance. Has anyone tried  Elie Saab - Le Parfum? I heard it’s a Jasmine powerhouse. I recently tried the new KKW - Jasmine Air and I don’t like it at all. It’s very bland to me. There was nothing special about it that jumped out and grabbed me. Chanel - Gabrielle Essence is one I recently purchased and it’s gorgeous. 

2 years ago 2

Well this topic sure deserves a revival. I’m a huge huge fan of white florals, and jasmin in particular. From delicate green to obnoxiously loud. As long as jasmin is the star player, I love it.

A few of my favorites:

Jasmin et CigaretteJasmin et Cigarette is simply brilliant. Indolic and somewhat on the animalic side.

Lust / Lady Flower (Perfume)Lust Perfume this one is a lot of fun, a party in itself. Indolic not animalic. Big and incredibly loud

JasminJasmin dark brown and masculine. Heavy on spice and musk

Jasmin (2020)Jasmin (2020) somber and serious jasmin topped up with cumin

Joy (Eau de Parfum)Joy Eau de Parfum jasmin on civet. One of my alltime favorites, modern version is more lily of the valley than jasmin, though

Jasmine OD / Bubblegum ChicJasmine OD focuses on the sweet and fruity aspects, with a tacky bubblegum impression at first

Hoping to get my hands on soon:

À la nuitÀ la nuit

SarrasinsSarrasins

love to hear all your suggestions, guys

9 months ago 1

I realize I'm only now seeing this post, so I'm late to the party - but these are my favorite jasmines:

- JasmineJasmine an excellent Jasmine solinote (very "yellow"/rich/indolic); really packs a punch!
- Flower Moon (Perfume)Flower Moon Perfume a softer, more "personal" Jasmine intertwined with delicate peach.

8 months ago 1

Not a soliflore but I really love Frederic Malle Superstitious (Eau de Parfum)Superstitious Eau de Parfum

8 months ago 1

Jasmin AngéliqueJasmin Angélique is by far the most realistic jasmine fragrance I've ever tried, I recommend checking it out if anyone's looking for a life-like picture of the flower.

An acquaintance I trust told me "Mélodie de l'Amour | Dusita" is another splendid jasmine scent, and I haven't been able to sample it myself but I have complete trust in them.

8 months ago 2
Johnjssmith

Jasmin AngéliqueJasmin Angélique is by far the most realistic jasmine fragrance I've ever tried, I recommend checking it out if anyone's looking for a life-like picture of the flower.

An acquaintance I trust told me "Mélodie de l'Amour | Dusita" is another splendid jasmine scent, and I haven't been able to sample it myself but I have complete trust in them.

Thank you @Johnjssmith for mentioning "Mélodie de l'Amour | Dusita"

Maybe not a solo jasmin, but in perfect sync with other white florals like gardenia, tuberose and orange blossom. Intensely beautiful and absolutely worth a try!

8 months ago 1

Definitely Jasmin AntiqueJasmin Antique - huge jasmine soliflore.

8 months ago 1

Obviously and with no contest: Fils de joieFils de joie

7 months ago

Huge Jasmine scents are:

Alien (Eau de Parfum)Alien Eau de Parfum

"Mélodie de l'Amour | Dusita"

Library Collection - Opus IILibrary Collection - Opus II

"Oud Stars - Al-Khatt | XerJoff"

no lack of oomph there ...

7 months ago

You know, I thought I put in my $0.02 but apparently I did not. Hmmm...

I adore À la nuitÀ la nuit. It smells like Southern California air on a summer's night. Everyone's jasmine bushes are in full bloom and it's so intoxicating. This really encapsulates that smell.

Lust / Lady Flower (Perfume)Lust Perfume is an indolic jasmine bomb. It's very polarizing but I love how skanky it is.

I recently picked up a rollerball of Flora Gorgeous JasmineFlora Gorgeous Jasmine as gift for my aunt's birthday. I'd been disappointed at how absent the gardenia was in Flora Gorgeous Gardenia (Eau de Parfum)Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum, at least to my nose. I wasn't it expecting Flora Gorgeous JasmineFlora Gorgeous Jasmine to be such a lovely jasmine-dominant perfume. Now, if only Flora Gorgeous Gardenia (Eau de Parfum)Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum had been as satisfying.

7 months ago

63 Crepusculum Mirabile63 Crepusculum Mirabile

Very nice creamy jasmine !!!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Big Jasmine, Where Art Thou?
Jump to