Search Forum

On Neapolitan Perfume - Layering

On Neapolitan Perfume - Layering 10 years ago

So I decided to have "Neapolitan Ice Cream" Perfume tonight. I read a review that had been posted this evening for "Extraordinary"

, which I have and on me, has a wonderful chocolate flavor. So I sprayed some on and was enjoying it when I thought adding some vanilla to it might be good. Looking at my vanillas, I decided to add "Wonderstruck"

. The chocolate and vanilla were smelling pretty good when I thought, why not go for Neopolitan? So I reached for my "Hot Couture Collection No.1"

and I had Neapolitan ice cream. Perfect for 18 degree weather that had just had a snowstorm.
I'm not really one for layering perfumes, but suddenly tonight something made me decide to do this extreme layering. Turned out pretty well.
Anyone else have any weird concoctions? Or just fun layerings?

10 years ago
"Realm" is by itself a quiet perfume which can be spiced up - just a touch - with "Vepres Siciliennes".
10 years ago
Pipette posted this link that was interesting.

www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=953
10 years ago
Hot Couture is a complex perfume in itself to me, those layers must have been amaaazing.
10 years ago
Hayven:
Hot Couture is a complex perfume in itself to me, those layers must have been amaaazing.

I wish "Hot Couture" was! I bought it because it's supposed to be so wonderful and it turns out all it is is raspberry on me. Sad Not the usual raspberry, a different one than a synthetic, but still, it comes across quite linear. That's why I've been wanting to layer it somehow. I finally came up with a solution...
10 years ago
Pipette:
"Realm" is by itself a quiet perfume which can be spiced up - just a touch - with "Vepres Siciliennes".

I'd agree that "Realm" is so very pretty by itself. I'd never have thought to layer it. Now that's another I'm going to think about matching with something else. I checked your review to imagine the perfume you matched it with. Interesting video, too. Good one, Pipette!

As sometimes we're trying to be innovative in using our perfumes, maybe using the bottles up, perhaps not buying anymore, then layering them is another way to creatively use them and not get bored with what we have. It's almost like buying another perfume, in a sense... Wink
10 years ago
I layer Iso E Super with L'eau de Kasaneka, and I layer Eau de Guerlain with anything that needs a little citrus amplification, like Burberry Brit.
10 years ago
Lately I've been layering

"Nicole Miller" with "Anne Klein II".

Both are heavy but when Nicole Miller dries down it's a nice warm honeyed amber with spices and tonka bean for me. Add the golden deliciousness of Anne Klein II and I'm in absolute heaven for hours on end. It seems to last forever on me.

I also like "Nude by Rihanna" with "Vanilla Musk" by Coty. It seems to bring out Nude to greater depths and makes it last much, much longer.
10 years ago
I layer Sa Majeste with Gres Cabaret
10 years ago
I am tempted to buy both "Odalisque" and "Chypre Mousse" so I could layer them, I love it!
10 years ago
Sweetgrass:
I am tempted to buy both "Odalisque" and "Chypre Mousse" so I could layer them, I love it!

This is the voyage of the Starship Enterprise. Whoooohoo.
6 years ago
I've always considered layering to be very much a °hodon anathematomenon° (one is not really supposed to say 'black art' anymore ... whoops! just said it! Actually, I do think it were best to phase it out, but its substitute may need to be a bit shorter!). If the proportions are as critical as some say, then obviously they will be upset by layering if there is any overlap of ingredients at all. Still, I know a lot of people do it, and report excellent results. In fact, I have myself °serendipitously° discovered what seem viable possibilities through applying a new 'fume before the old has completely worn off. I'll try to recall some.

An observation I have made is that if one put one perfume on one part of one's body and another on another, the two will remain mostly unmixed & perceived as separate fragrances serially. This is consistent with the observation that if someone is smoking (^very much^ a hodon anathematomenon these days!) in a room in which a joss-stick is burning, the two streams of smoke - easy to distinguish, being different colours - remain clearly separate. This is helpful when I wish to use a relatively purse-friendly EDT as an aftershave, and some purse-slaughtering gorgeoso 'fume as my main 'fume - basically one ^can^ with pretty much ^nil^ interference of the two.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre On Neapolitan Perfume - Layering
Jump to