Search Forum

Spring is in the air!

26 - 39 by 39
10 years ago
I'm on the brink of buying a bottle of "Speakeasy" because it affords me some oriental qualities that I can't seem to live without, while remaining light and airy enough for Spring and Summer.

I only hesitate because I can't make two expensive purchases right now, and I'm still on the hunt for an oriental rose.
10 years ago
I have been waiting for spring with baited breath. Finally I can wear "Bel Respiro" again, as well as "l'Homme de Coeur" and "28, La Pausa".
10 years ago
I happened upon a bottle of "Balenciaga Paris L'Essence" and in this cool spring we're having I'm rather enjoying it. It's woodsy and cool and deep enough for me. I've also found two others that I'm enjoying. "Bill Blass", a vintage with some florals that for me isn't so much a floral but more with spices and woods. Also, "Halston Woman", which is a very light woody rose.
9 years ago
The snowdrop and crocus flowers are getting ready to bloom. Over here at least.

Should we officially declare it spring already?! Smile
9 years ago
I think we should.

Today, I have worn my spring fragrance "Knize Two" for the first time this year!
9 years ago
Apparently we are the only crazy people here who think it's spring already Smile

However at the l'Erbolario shop they agree with me because they had a nice linden blossom fragrance: "Ombra di Tiglio". I only tested it on paper but I liked it quite a lot! Testing recommended!
9 years ago
I won't leave my heavy orientals. The only concession I will make to Spring is to switch from spicy smokey scents to something like Or du Serail.
9 years ago
Yesterday I wore the lovely Spring flower by Creed so it must be spring.
9 years ago
Down here in South Florida we never really had a winter. I believe I wore a jacket maybe three times. It's not good. The years just bleed together with no real seasons. We go from crazy melting hot, to wow I'm not sweating all day long, and back to please close the door I'm melting an your letting out the AC. None of us really got into Christmas this year. It there was no cold snap to get us in the mood. It just kinda came and went. I didn't even decorate a tree. It just sat up there all sad and naked until I put it back in storage.

Shame I can't give you guys some of the warm down here and you give me the cold up there and between the two we'd all be happy with a Goldilocks amount of each Smile
6 years ago
Spring is definitely everywhere, here in the Northern Hemisphere! Smile
I'm happily reaching out for the likes of "Chamade (Parfum)" (PdT), "Le Sillage Blanc" and "No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange".
What are your favourites for this season?
6 years ago
Summer's here, Mia Wink spring was skipped as always. Before it gets midsummer, though, mine would be floral-centric ones like "Cabotine (Eau de Toilette)" (actually wearable all year round), "Cabotine Rose", "Diorissimo (Eau de Toilette)", "Eau de Cobson Muguet_Melon Eau Fraîche" (has an edge which bothers in heat) or the Magnolia-tobacco-leather combination "Petale Noir" where I find the flowers develop better in warmer weather.
6 years ago
Just as fine. Very Happy Lovely choices, Anessa! Indulged in "Hanbury" all day, today. Bliss.
I also reach for vetiver more often, when it gets warmer. Any other cravings?
6 years ago
April and May are my favourite time of the year, I just love seeing everything coming alive again.
I've been sampling Kamila Aubre's botanical perfumes and have been drawn to "pastoral" in the warm, windy and showery weather. It's a pungent and earthy herbal floral with a breeze running through it and lots of amazing rooty vetiver and rich, warm oakmoss in the base.
We've had some unusually hot days too and I've been enjoying the rich honeyed linden and slightly waxy, pollen dusted mimosa in Annette Neuffers "Sonnet 18" so much - beautiful.
6 years ago
Annette's floral creations really intrigue me, Polyanthes. Also all-natural and wonderful is Hiram Green's DilettanteDilettante - a lovely orange/neroli-centred fragrance with rather good performance, given the genre.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Spring is in the air!
26 - 39 by 39
Jump to