Search Forum

What's the most popular in your country?

1 - 25 by 29
What's the most popular in your country? 10 years ago
Here in Sweden the most popular perfumes (for the moment) is:

"Acqua di Gioia"
"Be Delicious"
"Bright Crystal"
"Flowerbomb"
"La vie est belle"
"Light Blue"
"Warm Cotton"
10 years ago
Here in the Netherlands I'm guessing the most popular are:

For women:
1. "Alien"
Also probably doing good are:
"La Vie Est Belle", Lancôme is really spamming us! Sad
"J'Adore (Eau de Parfum)" has loyal fans, I think
Lily perfumes are also doing good, like "Baiser Volé (Eau de Parfum)"
"Coco Mademoiselle" is apparently popular, though I never smell it

For men:
1. "Acqua di Giò pour Homme"
Also doing good are apparently:
"Boss Bottled"
The Dior Homme range.
"Le Mâle"
"1 Million" probably still has fans
Though some young guys seem to be wearing some tonka scent.. Might be Eros
9 years ago
Come on folks, post something, this is a fun topic!
9 years ago
Not my list, but here is a list - with details:

lifestyle9.com/top-10-best-perfumes-for-women- for-all-occasions/
Popular in New Zealand 2013 9 years ago
DOT Marc Jacobs
This lush, juicy floral won the best women’s prestige fragrance at the US Fifi 2013 awards, as well as Best New Fragrance for Woman and Readers’ choice award for women, at the 2013 Fifi Awards in the UK. It’s described as ‘floral-fruity, surrounded with exotic notes of coconut and wrapped in soft vanilla embrace.’ Main notes are red berry and Pitahaya (Dragonfruit). From $95 (30ml EDP).

Florabotanica Balenciaga Paris
This sophisticated, somewhat oriental, floral was voted the best women’s luxury fragrance of 2013 at the US Fifi awards in June. Balenciaga is a long-established and celebrated couture fashion house with an equally long fragrance pedigree. Kristen Stewart is the face of Florabotanica, and its main notes are rose and carnation, with freshness added by mint and vetiver*. From $110.00 (30 ml EDP).

Girlfriend Justin Bieber
The second fragrance from the teen idol won the Women’s popular fragrance and Consumer Choice awards at the USA’s Fifi awards in June (2013). It’s a fruity floral with main notes of blackberry, mandarin and strawberry. Good going into the warmer seasons, and aimed at those who would like to be Justin Bieber’s girlfriend. From $49 (30 ml).

Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom
This limited edition ‘delicately exotic’ white flower has only been on counters in New Zealand for a few weeks and it’s already selling fast. Devotees love Jo Malone because you can mix the different fragrances to customise your own. From $110 (30ml)

La Petite Robe Noir de Guerlain
Described as ‘the essence of Parisian elegance', La Petite Robe Noir (Little Black Dress) won all the awards in its category at the French Fifis (2013). It’s a gourmand* fragrance, with main notes of licorice, macarons and vanilla.
From $110 (30 ml).
Prada Candy L’eau
Jacqui Davies, fragrance buyer at JR Duty Free tells us “with the launch of the original Prada Candy, sales were phenomenal...I think the juice*** is better than the original.” The fragrance is playful and seductive - check out the super-cute promotional video featuring French actress Léa Seydoux and directed by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, on the Prada website. Main notes are caramel and benzoin****. From $112 (30 ml) - on counter from 8 September (retail) and a little earlier at Duty Free.

Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane EDP
Cultish and special, Serge Lutens fragrances are said to have become ‘an underground favourite worn by an initiated class of style connoisseurs.‘ Main notes are osmanthus (a white flower), jasmine and mandarin. 50 ml $227 at Mecca Cosmetica.

Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y Absolute
This is the new “absolute” version of the popular L.I.L.Y fragrance and will be available from 22 July. Deeper than the original, its main notes are Patchouli, Lily of the Valley, and Pink Pepper. 50ml RRP$157

Wonderstruck Enchanted By Taylor Swift
This ‘Oriental Gourmand**’ won the Celebrity Fragrance of the Year award at the USA’s Fifi awards (2013). Main notes are sugar, vanilla and wild berries. It has just hit counters here in a smaller size - from $59 (30 ml EDP.
- Stuff
Germany 9 years ago
I guess still Hypnotic Poison EdT...
9 years ago
And for guys?
9 years ago
My husband re-ordered Mauboussin M Generation, wears Devin, Quasar, Dior Homme (and Intense) Ungaro III, Eau Savage and has gifts of The One and Noble Cedar. He loves Terre D'Hermes and Figuier Extreme.
9 years ago
In the US- Pacific Region, because it may be different else where- still D&G Light Blue- yawn, Ralph- by Ralph Lauren, La Vie est Belle, Stella EDT, Dolce Vita, Creed Spring Flower, Marc Jacobs Dot and Versace Yellow. For Men I see a lot of Fahrenheit 0, John Varvatos cologne, Molecule 01 (Escentric Molecules) and Creed Green Irish Tweed
Perfumes in my country 9 years ago
Here in Belgium i hear from my lady friends that they wear a lot of the perfumes were there is a lot of publicity on television etc..of, they wear it than till the bottle is empty as ( during that period) their signature shtttt ..and those fragrances with a lot of publicity overhere are of course:
La vie est belle
Mademoiselle coco
Narciso Rodriguez
J'adore
Lady million

Especially "la vie est belle"...
Why are people so influenced by advertising....
8 years ago
I couldn't say what is popular in England but whilst out and about today there were several ladies that had a noticeable amount of perfume on and it seemed to me that it was the same one on each.

It had a sweet vanilla and caramel smell. A warm maybe chocolately smell. Nothing difficult or unusual so nothing like tuberose or Angel. Not at all woody

What perfume do you think that could be? I think it must be a popular one rather than a niche or obscure offering as it smells familiar so something I might have tried in a department store (definitely not something I had to send off for a sample of).
6 years ago
I don't know how scientifically this list of best sellers was compiled, but I can vouch that I smell these fumes on others all the time. So... In the US, we apparently go bonkers for:

1. Chance

2. Coco Mademoiselle

3. Amazing Grace

4. Chanel No.5

5. La vie est belle

6. Daisy

7. Flowerbomb

8. J'adore

9. Viva La Juicy

10. Light Blue

www.thefashionspot.com/beauty/616565-best-perf umes-for-women-fragrance/#/slide/1
6 years ago
Interesting Cryptic. Marc Jacobs' Daisy is the latest released perfume on the list . Goes to show you oldies are the goodies. Very Happy
6 years ago
Cincy, not only are the perfumes on the list somewhat classic, but I was surprised that there wasn't a single Thierry Mugler. I still smell Alien all the time, although Angel seems to be over (finally!). I take it that Aura isn't a smash hit, or maybe it's too early and we'll see it on a list like this one next year.
6 years ago
popular in Iran:

light blue
viva la juicy
coco mademoiselle
Lady million
miss dior
Jasmin Noir Bvlgari

Smile
Last edited by Rodogone on 15.12.2017, 14:28; edited 1 time in total
6 years ago
Here is a best-seller list for Germany (where all those Muglers worn in the US were bought ..) Wink

1. La Vie est Belle
2. Coco Mademoiselle
3. Pour Femme (Lacoste)
4. Sì
5. Alien
6. Chloé
7. Lady Million
8. Sun
9. Light Blue
10. Wonderlust
6 years ago
Rodogone, Jasmin Noir is excellent, IMHO. Iranian peeps have good taste. Smile

Mia, Sun and Wonderlust are pretty obscure here. Have you tried either one?
6 years ago
Did try Sun ages ago and remember it to be a sweet vanilla plus orange flower with overall sun-cream vibe. It's popularity I ascribe to Jil Sander. Wonderlust I've never tried. No idea how it made it onto that list ..
6 years ago
Not current, who knows may not have changed to much.

TOP 30 BEST FEMININE FRAGRANCES IN 2012 IN BRAZIL

J’Adore – Christian Dior with 4.9% of market shares
212 VIP – Carolina Herrera
Flower by Kenzo – Kenzo
CH – Carolina Herrera
212 Carolina Herrera
Hypnôse – Lancôme
212 Sexy – Carolina Herrera
Lady Million – Paco Rabanne
Ange ou Demon – Givenchy
Ck One – Calvin Klein
Dolce & Gabbana – Dolce & Gabbana
Ck Be – Calvin Klein
L’Eau d’Issey – Isssey Myake
Tommy Girl – Tommy Hilfiger
Gabriela Sabatini – Gabriela Sabatini
Amor Amor – Cacharel
Black XS for her – Paco Rabanne
Very Irresistible -Givenchy
Nina – Nina Ricci
Armani Code for women – Giorgio Armani
Dior Addict 2 – Christian Dior
Angel – Thierry Mugler
Diesel Fuel for Life for Her – Diesel
Anais Anais – Cacharel
Kenzo Amour -Kenzo
Femme – Montblanc
Eternity – Calvin Klein
Amarige – Givenchy
Lolita Lempicka – Lolita Lempicka
Organza – Givenchy
In analysing the top 30 of best selling feminine fragrances, here is what we can say from a olfactory taste point of view. 40% of these fragrances are floral fragrances. J’Adore by Dior, Very Irresistible or Anais Anais are the floral spectrum of brazilian women taste for florals. Anaïs Anaïs has been in the top selling fragrances for decades in Brazil, along with Chanel N.5 and the modern florals like J’Adore and Very Irresistible, have taken the lead.
luxuryactivist.com/beauty/fragrances-in-brazil -future-trends/
6 years ago
It seems the list of popular perfumes aren't much different in many countries (not least thanks to the common marketing of major brands). I found one listing of 10 popular fragrances in 2017 for women (~mid 20s):
10.Chance Eau Tendre
9. Ferragamo Incanto Charm
8. CK Eternity
7. Jill by JIll Stuart
6. Lanvin Me L'Eau (Eau de Toilette)
5. Lanvin Eclat d'Arpège
4. Bvlgari pour Homme
3. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream
2. Miss Dior (2012) (Eau de Parfum)
1. Roses de Chloé

From the list of online best selling perfumes Dec. 2017, descending:
Lanvin - Eclat d'Arpège
E. Arden - Green Tea
Hermès - Un Jardin sur le Nil
Bvlgari - Omnia Crystalline
D&G - Light Blue
Ferragamo - Incanto Shine
Chloé EDP
Lanvin - Jeanne Lanvin
Gucci - Rush2
Alain Delon - Samourai Woman
Grès - Cabotine Rose
Ferragamo - Incanto Charm
Anna Sui - Sui Dreams
Gucci - Guilty
Jennifer Lopez - Still
Chanel - Chance

Jo Malone, Goutal, Santa Maria Novella are also among the women's popular brands. Considering the high humidity and the existence of the expression "scent pollution"(pun on "environmental pollution/public nuisance"), the preference of lighter fragrances still seems to dominate. Also, solid perfumes (traditional), portable gel fragrances (applied with tips), fragrance-focused fabric softeners (e.g. developed as to unfold the scent with movement over the course of the day), as well as hair&body mists are apparently becoming more popular/widespread than 'perfumes'.
Last edited by Anessa on 31.05.2019, 11:50; edited 1 time in total
6 years ago
Thanks Anessa, nice to see my E. Arden - Green Tea is on the list. My travel airplane fragrance. Smile
6 years ago
I find Arden Green Tea a splendid choice for airplanes, Cincy, especially thinking of long-distance flights, would be a welcomed fragrance to smell Smile
Many of the flankers are also still on my to-test list. A pity some are already discontinued.
Thank you for sharing, too. I had been thinking about Tommy Girl, always nice when tested, but I read about a suspected reformulation and the scent being changed very much.
5 years ago
Ariana Grandes "Ari" is easy recognizible as many girls wear it, I would not be surprised if this was the most popular perfume in my country.
5 years ago
Famous perfumes in oman

OmanLuxury
Swiss arabian
Afnan
Elite Oudh
Australia 5 years ago
I am only guessing, based on what I see on shelves in the bigger stores and what I smell on people.

Older women: Red Door, Far Away by Avon, J'Adore

Younger women: Flowerbomb, Black Opium, Cloud by Grande

Older men: Bleu de Chanel, Burberry London, Hugo Boss (any)

Younger men: One Million, La Nuit de la Homme, Aventus
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What's the most popular in your country?
1 - 25 by 29
Jump to