Search Forum
1 - 25 by 61

Middle-Eastern Perfumes

Middle-Eastern Perfumes 10 years ago
I would love to discuss Middle-Eastern perfume culture with you. Middle-Eastern perfumes are hard-to-gets at least in my country, and there are very few places where you can test before you buy.

I put my thoughts about it into my blog, but here is a ressources overview:

Shops:

www.zahras.com
www.newarabia.net/arabian_perfume_oil.php
www.arabianbazaar.com
www.arabperfumes.com
www.emirates-perfumes.com
www.oriental-style.de
www.islamische-kleidungen.de
www.orientmisk.de

Brands:

www.ajmalperfume.com
www.alatarji.com
www.alharamainperfumes.com
www.alrehab.com
www.al-rehab.co.uk
www.anfasicdokhoon.com
www.asqgrp.com
www.rasasi.com
www.swissarabian.com

Natural Oud Oil:

www.agaraura.com
www.oriscent.com
Last edited by Apicius on 10.01.2012, 00:59; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
I did try some Rarasi's Smile

It is not for me... but I know a few friends who really love this perfumes!

Thanks for the info! Very Happy
10 years ago
i love attars, i really do, i would love to have so many of them.. i plan to get some from zahras, sadly they didnt reply to me yet. i love how rich they are, potent.. but i can understand that someone who is not familiar with them couldnt wear them.. i have been around these scents from my childhood. so they always resemble a great spirituality to me..
10 years ago
I have never sampled Arab perfumes. I'm afraid that I would end up liking most of them considering that I am usually attracted to rich, deep, dark, resinous and spicy fragrances.

What is the usual note profile for Arab fragrances, Apicius?
10 years ago
Flaconneur:
I have never sampled Arab perfumes. I'm afraid that I would end up liking most of them considering that I am usually attracted to rich, deep, dark, resinous and spicy fragrances.

What is the usual note profile for Arab fragrances, Apicius?
Well, it is certainly a wider spectrum than just the well known rose oud combos that Montale presents us.

My thoughts about Arab perfumery turned out to be a little bit at lenght, so I put them in my blog
10 years ago
Apicius:
My thoughts about Arab perfumery turned out to be a little bit at lenght, so I put them in my blog

I did read your blog post and I would be in serious trouble because of my love of oud and amber.
10 years ago
Flaconneur:
Apicius:

I did read your blog post and I would be in serious trouble because of my love of oud and amber.
The problem is that there are almost no opportunities to test these fragrances. Which is difficult anyway with 3 ml perfume oils. So, I have no experience with the more expensive Arab perfumes. I do not spend 150 € on a blind buy.

Actually, it is Ok to start sampling the western brands Micallef and Montale. They are also close to the real thing and have niche label quality, and I would recommend sampling:

"Aoud" by Micallef
"Steam Aoud", "Black Aoud" or "Aoud Flowers" by Montale
"Amber & Spices" or "Greyland" by Montale
"G. Nejman - Emir" (Mrs Micallef's husband)
10 years ago
I ordered a few (well... about a dozen?) perfume oils from one of the online shops Apicius listed, mostly by Al Rehab and Surrati, one by Swiss Arabian and some decants without brand name supplied.
I picked them according to descriptions of the scent and bought without sampling. At 3 € a shot (i.e. a vial of 3 to 6 ml of perfume oil) I thought I could take the risk and I do in fact like most of them, even though I seldom wear them. Some I don't like, not to sniff at and certainly not to wear.
10 years ago
Asphaltblume:
I ordered a few (well... about a dozen?) perfume oils from one of the online shops Apicius listed, mostly by Al Rehab and Surrati, one by Swiss Arabian and some decants without brand name supplied.
I picked them according to descriptions of the scent and bought without sampling. At 3 € a shot (i.e. a vial of 3 to 6 ml of perfume oil) I thought I could take the risk and I do in fact like most of them, even though I seldom wear them. Some I don't like, not to sniff at and certainly not to wear.
I completely agree, I did this as well
10 years ago
I suggest you to check out this brand: www.profumo.it/
The founder is an arabian master perfumer, but he works in Italy. Only natural ingrediences, which means real amber, musk, civet and so on. Very special perfumes. I have tried some of them and I do suggest everyone curious about arabian style perfumes to try them out.
10 years ago
Does anyone know Al´Qurashi and Arabian Oud ? And if yes, are they worth a test ?
How much does a decent attar cost, approximately ? I would like to get myself an oud scent but I have no idea where the price scale starts (of course, there is no limit upwards).
10 years ago
for me ajmal is really hit or miss. they have some that seem to be western-oriented....boring.... and some that are arabic oriented....niiice
I am a huge fan of montale(say what you say...I know they are arab-light:))
Best thing would be to make a joint purchase. choose a couple of brands....buy maybe 10 samples and then rotate them amongs a couple of participants.....a lot of sampling for price of ten samples + postage
Arabian Nights 10 years ago
Hi every body!

This is my first post on this lovely community.

Thanks for the Original Post Smile you have a great taste indeed

Well every body, If you cannot find any Arabs store there to test Arab fragrances, You may test Arabian Nights by J. de Pozo ... Winer of aperfume.info Award Best fragrance for Men 2010 - APDI Award Best Fragrance ( Members of the committee are Arabs Smile )

Also, you may test Motale's fragrances, Kilian ( Arabian Nights OUD collection ), Micallif especially Royal Amber and Emir

I think Women may samples the New Arabian Nights via J. del Pozo website ( jesusdelpozo.com/en/fragrances )

Last edited by MrX on 09.01.2012, 05:22; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
putting these on to test list
Apicius- would you be interested in sending around an "arabian" explorer package?
10 years ago
I have a couple from Al-Rehab. Balkis is very nice. I also have Shahrazad.

Like many Arabian perfumes, they are oils. That's a bit of a drawback for me, because I love to spritz with abandon. Oils just don't work that way, and must be dabbed and kept away from clothing.

I'd be happy to send you decants of the two I have, Jubliant.
10 years ago
I am not friends with oils either. I am a spritzer too Very Happy
10 years ago
A couple of years ago, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered a few things:

http://www.parfumo.net/Users/Flannelman/Pictur e/8917

These particular perfume oils are quite cheap so it's fun to try them out. From these 6 I got, only Hajar-Al-Aswad I found impossible to wear. Mukhallat Al-Amin and Attar Makkah are quite sweet, they feel fairly thick and sirupy. Nebarees and Sandal Rose are really (and not surprisingly) dominated by rose, which was what I was looking for at the time, possibly for a gift. Al-Anoud is (for me) the best of the bunch. The first few times I wore it I kept getting compliments after compliments, questions and inquiries. Great conversation starter. Smile

This said, like others I find oils much more difficult to wear.

P.S. I agree with Rebella: La via del profumo (www.profumo.it) is well worth trying.
10 years ago
Ha, I got mine from Oriental Style as well. Nebarees is the only one we have in common, though.
I could post a complete list (I'd have to translate the descriptions supplied by the shop, though, as they are in German). But that may be a bit too much as I have 19 perfume oils altogether... Embarassed
10 years ago
Mukhallat Al Amin by Ajmal, right Flannelman? I got that one, too. Very sweet, yes, but a nice one compared with the other ones I ordered at that time. I don't remember the names though. Maybe Apicius can help me out. Wink
10 years ago
Dannyboy:
Mukhallat Al Amin by Ajmal, right Flannelman? I got that one, too. Very sweet, yes, but a nice one compared with the other ones I ordered at that time. I don't remember the names though. Maybe Apicius can help me out. Wink

Musk, Indian woods like oudh, amber, moss, pepper, sandalwood, ginger. Masculine scent full of adventure.
Sounds interesting.
AbuSafiyya's new shop 10 years ago
I just got news that AbuSafiyya apparently turned his perfume hobby into a profession by opening a business. He is especially interested in Arab perfumery, and I owe parts of my knowledge about Arab perfumery to him. He contributed some great reviews of Arab fragrances to Parfumo.de.

Have a look: http://www.orientmisk.de

AbuSafiyya speaks English, so it should be no problem if you want to address him.
Al´Qurashi ! 10 years ago
PontNeuf:
Does anyone know Al´Qurashi and Arabian Oud ? And if yes, are they worth a test ?
How much does a decent attar cost, approximately ? I would like to get myself an oud scent but I have no idea where the price scale starts (of course, there is no limit upwards).

Yes Al´Qurashi fragrances and oils worth a test especially : Al ward Al Ta'ify ( Nakheb El Aroos ), Mukhalat al zafran and Al´Qurashi Musk. The pure one is so expensive .

P.S : All for women
10 years ago
Hey everyone Very Happy

I would love to send out some samples for anyone who's interested.
It's not that much I have to offer, but a little peek into the arabic perfumery. Just send me a message and your address and I will try to arrange a small package filled with samples.

PontNeuf:

Mmm... I definately think they're worth a test, but otherwise the fragrances are a little bit too pricy to risk a blind buy. So if anyone has the opportunity to visit Paris, you could just check both, Al Qurashi and Arabian Oud and try all the fragrances you want Smile
An alternative would be London, but then you only have Arabian Oud, Al Qurashi closed their Shop around 2 years ago in London.

But bring alot of time, since last time I visited Arabian Oud in London, I didn't and I still regret not having spent more time in the ir Shop.
10 years ago
I made a blind buy last year on Swiss Arabian's Mukhalat Malaki. I love the stuff and it's one of the best foundations for layering I own.

I add some of the CPO to unscented body lotion and apply it like that. Today, I'm wearing just the lotion, but other days I'll spray woodies on top of it and it works great.
10 years ago
Jubliant:
Apicius- would you be interested in sending around an "arabian" explorer package?
Yes, of course!

I would gladly arrange a parcel with some Arab fragrance samples. It will contain some of of my Montales, Micallef's Aoud Man, Al Rehab's Arooq Al Oud, Al Haramain's Oudh Ma'al Wardh and also something from a sample package I just got from AbuSafiyya.

I never give away samples from my collection completely for free. I always ask for reviews in return. So, I suggest anyone who will receive that package should sit down and write a review of at least one or two of those fragrances and post it on Parfumo.

The parcel should be sent from one participant to another, and each participant takes over the shipping costs to the next in the line. If you send the parcel abroad, do not forget the customs declaration!

Who wants to receive the Arab fragrance explorer package?
1 - 25 by 61
Jump to