Search Forum

Fragrancenet Shipping From Nevada?

Fragrancenet Shipping From Nevada? 4 years ago
Has anyone had Fragrancenet ship perfume from Nevada instead of New York??
4 years ago
No, but I like the idea of getting my goodies much sooner!
4 years ago
I like the idea, too, but it has not worked out that way. The website said 1-3 days delivery. It has now been 5 days, and it looks like may package will not arrive before Monday at the earliest. Fragrancenet still has not responded to my question why my item is coming from Nevada instead of New York, either. Sad
Shipping is Not Improving--Returns are Surely Compromised 4 years ago
We all know that Fragrancenet's shipping is abysmal although I have yet to discover why this has to be so. Recently, I tried paying for delivery in order to expedite shipping during this very hot and humid time of year, but it did not help.

I placed an order more than a week ago and paid for 2 Day Priority shipping. It still took a week to get my order. USPS did deliver within its timeframe for Priority packages, but it took a week because Fragrancenet took so long to actually get the package into USPS's hands. It ended up arriving around 6 p.m. on a Saturday after a week's wait and after it sat in the USPS jeep the entire day in TRIPLE DIGET TEMP with very high humidity. I am returning it unopened.

I placed the same order all over again last Sunday evening. I figured if I placed the order on Sunday, then it would be sent out on Monday. This time, however, I took no chances. I paid for overnight delivery. The order was placed last Sunday, and they claimed to have shipped it on Tuesday (two days to ship out an overnight package!), but that is not what really happened. They did not actually ship on Tuesday.

Instead, they simply provided the tracking number on Tuesday but did not get the package to the carrier until sometime Wednesday night (yesterday evening) Tracking never updated AT ALL until this morning (Thursday). To top it off, they shipped it via UPS instead of FedEx. What is the difference?

Well, almost any package I expect via FedEx arrives by noon on delivery day. This is not so for UPS. UPS prioritises all of its deliveries to businesses. Residential deliveries are only made after each day's business deliveries are completed. Hence, I am unlikely to receive my package today before 6:30-7:00 p.m. which means it sits in a hot UPS van in triple digit temp and high humidity the entire day again.

I belled Fragrancenet for the first time yesterday to tell them I am not happy with their deliveries even whence I pay extra for delivery. They told me the package would be delivered yesterday and credited back the delivery charge which in and of itself does not stop my order from sitting on a boiling hot, BROWN coloured delivery van (dark colours absorb heat much better than light colours, so I have NEVER understood why UPS chose to paint its vans brown especially given their drivers do not have AC. It is inhume for them to work in these temps with no AC.). Well, that was not true!

Fragrancenet customer service bases its assertions on the date the package is assigned a tracking number, but the packages do NOT actually go to the carrier on that day. It takes them two days at least to get it into the carrier's hands. I was told that they have a new warehouse now on the west coast which should help delivery time. Orders to destinations on the west side of the country will ship from Nevada, if the perfume is in stock there, so many deliveries will arrive sooner than if shipped from Deer Park, N.Y. Now, are you ready for this??

It turns out the new warehouse is in Reno, Nevada! Temps in the Reno and Las Vegas areas are some of the hottest temps in the country!!! After all, it is a desert!!! Now, the perfume is stored in what has to be an unbearably hot warehouse in Reno and then shipped via USPS or UPS (the two slowest carriers) from one of the hottest locations in the country! You could try to avoid heat and humidity damaged perfume by not ordering from May through October, but you might still end up with damaged perfume if your perfume has been sitting in their warehouse in Reno even for only a few weeks, much less a few months, before you purchase it.

Personally, I do not think this is an improvement AT ALL. If they actually, seriously wanted to improve, they would have chosen a warehouse in a much cooler climate, e.g. Washington state, AND they would use FedEx over USPS and UPS because FedEx although not perfect is head and shoulders above USPS and UPS. I was so chagrined to hear this.

The upshot for me is that I would rather pay more for my perfumes at department stores and know I am getting a much fresher, better preserved product. From now on, I will order my perfumes from department stores around the Christmas holidays wherein there might be some discounts. I hate to pay department stores so much more for my perfumes, but in the final analysis, it will be worth it, especially for more expensive perfumes. You are not getting a bargain at 30% to 37% off retail prices if you are getting perfume stored in Reno, NV and shipped via USPS and UPS.

Anyway, I now finally know why last year around the holidays my Fragrancenet order came from Reno instead of Deer Park, N.Y. Try as you may, you cannot win with Fragrancenet. Paying for 2 Day Priority shipping does not help. Even paying almost $20 for over night shipping on one bottle of perfume does not help. This was the last straw! I have had it with Fragrancenet!

By the way, the expensive bottle of perfume that took a week to get here despite being sent 2 Day Priority Mail is going back via FedEx Smart Post. That means it will UNDOUBTEDLY take 10 days or longer to make it back to Deer Park, N.Y.
So, whoever buys this bottle will be buying a bottle that has traveled in triple digit temps and high humidity for at least 17-18 days before it is put back in stock. Unbelievable for a vendor who is WELL AWARE that heat and humidity severely compromise perfumes's performance. Caveat Emptor, babies.
Second Delivery Worse Than the First 4 years ago
I ordered a replacement bottle for the first bottle. Order was placed last Sunday evening. I paid for overnight shipping. It took them two days to ship, and then they shipped via UPS. It did not arrive until tonight (Thursday) at 8:25 p.m. and the shipping box is crushed. It is going back. No third chance on this. I cannot begin to describe how frustrated, disappointed, and angry I am right now. Sad
4 years ago
I sent back the second bottle via Fragrancenet's preferred shipping method---FedEx Smart Post. That translates into USPS holding up the package both ways. In any case, it took 19 days for Smart Post to deliver the package back to Fragrancenet, and it will undoubtedly take them 5 or more days to process a refund. That is simply appalling. I can and have ordered from both France and England and received my package in 5 days or less. If one can receive packages all the way from France and England is under a week, one has to ask why Fragrancenet takes 4 or more days to deliver an "overnight" shipment?

The shipping problem was always mitigated somewhat by the discounted perfume, but lately, I see perfumes on Fragrancenet that are priced higher than the same exact perfume at Neimans or Bergdorf, for example. Given these two facts, I see very little reason to purchase through Fragrancenet anymore. My collection is large enough now that I am unlikely to purchase more than 3-4 fragrances a year. I would rather pay full price at a reputable retailer than muck about with Fragrancenet.

If you plan to order from Fragrancenet, be sure you are getting a good price on the fragrance, and be aware that free shipping will take at least 10 days. Expedited shipping will take 6+ days, and overnight shipping will take 4 days.
Last edited by Oriane on 16.09.2020, 06:40; edited 1 time in total
4 years ago
I'm so sorry you had to go through this headache. I don't think I've ever ordered anything over $50 from them because of their ineptitude. I ordered a few perfumes for my mom for her birthday last month and they arrived late as usual. Lucky, my house is at the beginning of my mailman's route. I shudder to think of those bottles cooking in record temps. Rolling Eyes
4 years ago
Exactly! One would think that paying for overnight shipping would by pass that problem, but it does not. I do not plan to order from them again except maybe during the coldest months of the year. Every other time, I will order from a reputable retailer.

Sorry your mum's pressies were late, too. I am sure she understood, though. Management of these grey market sellers must be pretty poor.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Fragrancenet Shipping From Nevada?
Jump to