Search Forum

Cedar/cedarwood

Cedar/cedarwood 4 years ago
Hello All,

I am new to the fragrance world, but I do own a bottle of Burberry for Men (probably from the Rhythm line, but I don't know as it came in a gift set).

I do not like the fragrance I own now, and am planning to buy a new fragrance (probably an EDP) for flexible, everyday use. I am interested in fresh/aromatic, woodsy, cedar fragrances, but I am unsure what is good out there. Any good suggestions?
4 years ago
Hi CKim,
First things first, since you are a newbie, I suggest you start from cheapie colognes, so as to get familiar with families and notes. Then, you will move towards more expensive gems, no matter if designer or niche. A perfume is something so intimate and subjective that might please to someone and disgust to someone else. That said, we are approaching the Spring season and that deserves floral and aromatic notes. You said cedarwood is a note you like... do you mean the "pencil sharpener" accord that often comes with cedar? If yes, I suggest you test ZARA Sublime Cedar, it is an EDP that cost around 25euro. Or, I am fond ok D&G K, the latest release, it is an EDT, but cedar is really perceivable in it. Ultimately, even YSL l'Homme is a good one cedar-based, a bit expensive.
Please, go out, check some fragrances and take note of which one you like or dislike, and then write them here. We will have a better idea of what might suit you.
Take care,
Elysium
4 years ago
Comme des Garcons' Hinoki (aka Monocle - Scent One) is a pretty classic woodsy with just enough complexity to make it interesting, but nothing too esoteric or avant-garde (as many CdG scents can be)

A great every-day office (or wherever you work) scent. Cedar base, and hinoki wood has a slight citrusy note that freshens it up a bit. No florals or fruit or powdery notes - it's decidedly masculine, but in a confident way, without being aggressive or imposing.
Notify about new comments
Jump to