Search Forum

Frederic Malle Batch Codes

Frederic Malle Batch Codes 6 years ago
I have not been able to find anything on-line for dating Frederic Malle perfume batch codes. I have had two different types of codes on the bottles I have purchased. One has A17 followed by some other numbers, and another bottle (purchased from a different seller) has a purely numeric batch code of eight digits and no letters.

Does anyone know how to decipher Malle batch codes? Please would you share the batch codes on your bottles along with the approximate purchase dates?

Thanks!
6 years ago
Hi Oriane,
I have no idea how to decipher their batch codes but I'd like to know too.
For what it's worth, here is what I can share:
- 130067 and 148028, would have to guess
- 224110 and 290082, approx. 2012
The more recent batches have longer numbers.
6 years ago
MiaTrost:
Hi Oriane,
I have no idea how to decipher their batch codes but I'd like to know too.
For what it's worth, here is what I can share:
- 130067 and 148028, would have to guess
- 224110 and 290082, approx. 2012
The more recent batches have longer numbers.

Good morning, MiaTrost, and thank you for sharing your batch codes with us. Yes, the more recent batch codes do seem to be longer for some reason. I did contact Malle customer service about it, but they were no help. I was told that the bottles come from France. Of course, we all know that already. Oh, well....

If I ever do find out anything more, I will let everyone know. Smile
;) 4 years ago
Hello, i need some help.
I just buy the vetiver extraordinaire
Does it come sealed? What about batch code A87?
(The only no i can see at the base of bottle)
I buy it online from a serious eshop but seems too weak to me...
Can someone inform me if its the real stuff? ConfusedConfused
4 years ago
Dreamer123, all I can tell you is that sounds like it is a very old batch code. I think you have a very old bottle.
4 years ago
Oriane:
Dreamer123, all I can tell you is that sounds like it is a very old batch code. I think you have a very old bottle.

Thank you for yr reply
I buy a sample from a french site called nose
And it was amazing
This smell different and maybe more weaker
Plus box was unsealed
I think something is going wrong
And it was a good safe website
Any chance to be scammed?
4 years ago
I own several bought from Barney's New York. None of them came sealed in cello. I really cannot say if you bought a fake or not. I would research for what to look for in fake Malles. It just might be that your bottle is very old and was not stored well.
4 years ago
Oriane:
I own several bought from Barney's New York. None of them came sealed in cello. I really cannot say if you bought a fake or not. I would research for what to look for in fake Malles. It just might be that your bottle is very old and was not stored well.

Ok about cello
but is so weak...
I spend so much money and feel so sad
I avoid ebay, bad sellers and its totally crazy to happen that to me
Any info will help, thank you so much
4 years ago
If you really think you have a fake or a spoilt bottle, ask to return it. I once bought a bottle of Amouage Jubilation for men, and it was authentic, but it was very weak. I think the bottle was old, and more than that, I think it had been stored in a very hot warehouse for a long, long time. That may be what happened to your bottle. Sorry. Good luck.
4 years ago
Thank you so much !!!
I live in europe and that shop maybe don’t
Accept returns from nearby countries
I have olso contact malle website for more
Information
Thank you again
4 years ago
You are welcome. Contact your credit card company for help, too. Good luck.
4 years ago
i contact today to the the eshop,explaining my worries
they offer me 50% off for my next order of a malle product
that make me worry again about authenticity

can someone tell me if there is other info at bottom of bottle? or only just the 3 digits A78 or more...
like a sticker maybe? or a link to have a way to check authenticity
thanks
4 years ago
Hello, Dreamer123, I have also bought a 100ml bottle of Musc Ravageur on Ebay in Russia and at the bottom of the bottle it only says: A48 and its smell is almost imperceptible. The perfume did not have a cellophane wrapper, but the bottle seems authentic.
It cost me 60 euros.
4 years ago
I think the lesson here is do not buy from Russia. If the price seems too good to be true, it is too good to be true. I know it is tempting to buy what seems like a really good price, but in the long run, you are just throwing away your money. This is not to say that there are not reputable sellers in Russia, but you have to beware, do your homework, and not take a risk if you are not certain that the seller is reputable. Otherwise, be prepared for a fight to get your money back, and worse still, be prepared to put heaven knows what on your skin if you use the product. They say the things they put into those fake fragrances are awful health risks. It is just not worth it.
4 years ago
The seller has 100% positive bots on Ebay and quite a few perfumes for sale, but not many sales made yet.
I have told him that it does not smell like anything and he agrees to arrange the return for me. The problem is that sending the perfume back will cost me 30 euros from Spain
4 years ago 1
Talk to your credit card company about it. Perhaps they can help in some way.

Re feedbacks, I understand that they can generate those pretty easily. Ultimately, it is best to buy from a reputable retailer or grey market source. I have been tempted by some things sold from Russia, but I always stop myself from pulling the trigger. It is just not worth the headache or the risk.

Good luck. I hope you get it all resolved to your satisfaction.
9 months ago
Dreamer123
Bonjour, j'ai besoin d'aide.
Je viens d'acheter le vétiver extraordinaire
Est-ce qu'il vient scellé ? Qu'en est-il du code de lot A87 ?
(Le seul non que je vois à la base de la bouteille)
Je l'achète en ligne sur un eshop sérieux mais me semble trop faible...
Quelqu'un peut-il m'informer si c'est du vrai ? : ? : ?

Hello, none of EDPM parfumes is scelled. Never. It doesn't means yours is a fake one. 
But one thing is sure is that for two or three years, their perfumes have become much less powerful !!!! I've made a sad experience with The Night, 1300 € the bottle. I own a 50ml from 2018 which is clearly more powerful and strong than my 100ml from 2021. I've wrotten a complain to EDPM .

8 months ago
Muskator
The seller has 100% positive bots on Ebay and quite a few perfumes for sale, but not many sales made yet.
I have told him that it does not smell like anything and he agrees to arrange the return for me. The problem is that sending the perfume back will cost me 30 euros from Spain

That's no guarantee. Russian sellers are notorious for selling fakes. Or real bottles, refilled with something else. 

I know it sounds wrong, but I would NEVER buy a fragrance from Russia, unless I was actually in a physical shop and buying it from there. Too many scammers out there.

No offence meant to honest Russians, it's not your fault.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Frederic Malle Batch Codes
Jump to