Search Forum

Perfumes for bedtime wear?

1 - 25 by 44
Perfumes for bedtime wear? 12 years ago
Do you wear perfumes only during the day or at a night out?

Personally, I really appreciate a generous spritz of Lubin's "L'Eau Neuve" before I go to bed. It has such a calming and peaceful quality, it brings your mind at ease and a few steps towards sleep.

Do you also have a bedtime fragrance? Which one and why?
12 years ago
For Her EDT
Aqua de Biella Cashmire Twill
VI Sensual
Bedtime 12 years ago
I love to wear heavy, lush fragrances to bed. For me it's not about the calming or the cleansing. It's about wrapping myself up in something and ushering in expansive dreams. I wear love rose chypres at night--Knowing, la Nuit, La Perla, Paloma Picasso, Aramis 900. Also some of the early Guerlain orientals--Vol de Nuit, Shalimar, l'Heure Bleue. When i do want that 'still wet from the shower' sparkly feel for bed, i sometimes like green fragrances: Guerlain's Vetiver, Grey Flannel, Private Collection, le Temps d'une Fete.
12 years ago
Last Night i went to Bed in
The Body Shop Neroli and Jasmin
12 years ago
Sometimes I put on a fragrance I like but don't dare to wear in public (I sleep alone, I should add).
The best example for that is Joop Femme, which I find quite calming with all the vanilla in it, but which I find a bit vulgar and overpowering at the same time.
I've done it as well with "Maroussia", "Eden", "Obsession Night" and "Chloé (1975)", although I do wear those in public as well, if only occasionally.
12 years ago
Different fragrances depending on needs.

Have two of my own blends of pure essential oils - Lavender&Vetiver (with Ylang, Petitgrain etc) and Jasmine&Frankinsence (with Ylang). Those are just pure aromatherapy next to nice smell.

Wearing Chanel 19 sometimes as it feels like mother who is telling a good night story. Rive Gauche has a similar effect.

Lately tried Moringa from Body Shop - especially in the summer feels like tropical paradise calling sweet dreams. I don't really wear it outside - it's too sweet and floral for me, but love it inside and as a bed fragrance.

I think Island Lavender by Caldey would be a nice fragrance for going to bed - haven't try it yet.
12 years ago
AromaX:
Different fragrances depending on needs.

Have two of my own blends of pure essential oils - Lavender&Vetiver (with Ylang, Petitgrain etc) and Jasmine&Frankinsence (with Ylang). Those are just pure aromatherapy next to nice smell.

Wearing Chanel 19 sometimes as it feels like mother who is telling a good night story. Rive Gauche has a similar effect.

Lately tried Moringa from Body Shop - especially in the summer feels like tropical paradise calling sweet dreams. I don't really wear it outside - it's too sweet and floral for me, but love it inside and as a bed fragrance.

I think Island Lavender by Caldey would be a nice fragrance for going to bed - haven't try it yet.
Hello AromaX - lavender fragrances for bedtime wear? Doesn't lavender have a slighty cooling effect? For me, its herbal character puts it in a row with rather energizing fougeres that I would not like to wear in bed.

Also, lavender kills moths, so I put a little sachet of it between my clothes. It simply doesn't seem to be healthy enough to give me a good feeling as bedtime wear.
12 years ago
Apicius:
Hello AromaX - lavender fragrances for bedtime wear? Doesn't lavender have a slighty cooling effect? For me, its herbal character puts it in a row with rather energizing fougeres that I would not like to wear in bed.

Also, lavender kills moths, so I put a little sachet of it between my clothes. It simply doesn't seem to be healthy enough to give me a good feeling as bedtime wear.

Greetings Apicius. Well, I geuss it's all depends on your olfactory history - the associations you've built with lavender.
From aromatherapy point of view lavender is a calming and relaxing oil that can helps to fall in sleep. One drop on your pillow is an advice you find in many books.

Lavender with musc is also a part of some washing powders, so this combination may remind someone of fresh sheets (Jersey by Chanel has it's effect as well as Island Lavender by Caldey).

For the rest lavender is very versatile - it's cooling indeed like in fougères or eau de cologne (Last time I smelled it in Cologne pour le matin and it felt almost like a metal lemmet of a knife). But it can be warming (think of Andy's Reverie au Jardin, Vero's Kiki, lavender and vanille combination like in Caron pour un Homme). Oil is cooler (especially of spike lavender), absolute is sweeter and warmer.
12 years ago
Thanks for your tips, AromaX! It is not that I do not like lavender. My favourite lavender perfume is "Utopian" by Social Creatures, where the usual combination with vanilla is replaced by tonka. If I want it more herbal and fougère, I go for "Oxford & Cambridge" by Czech & Speake.
12 years ago
Oh yesss .. I do have a bedtime fragrance! That's "Love and Tears" by Kilian. A perfume I would never wear in the daytime Wink
12 years ago
I used to love to wear "La Perla" to bed until they switched out the oakmoss for tree moss. It's just not the same anymore...

My favorite current bedtime scents are Prada Infusion d'Iris (edp or edt) and Infusion d'Homme.

Sweet Dreams!

Cool
12 years ago
My favorite bedtime scent *was* Etro Heliotrope. Loved it so much that I am now out of it. Sounds impossible, right? I am using Hypnotic Poison as my substitute, but it just isn't the same. One day I will just have to break down & get a full bottle of the Etro.
12 years ago
I am quite content with the my scent of the day. I don't seem to have much issue with longevity and just a little spritz more ends the day on a nice note.
12 years ago
I love wearing a different perfume for the evening! It will vary depending on ME!
12 years ago
I personally like Caron Pour Un Homme...the lavender and vanilla makes me sleep like a baby.
12 years ago
I don't wear perfume regularly only for bed, but sometimes I do.
A divine combination is: freshly showered, powdered with Yardley "English Lavender" and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" on top.
"Coromandel" is nice for bed as well as "Pour un Homme de Caron".
12 years ago
I have to confess that I regularly test new scents (only the ones which I liked at first sniff during the day) on my wrist at night - I spray them on and experience them while I go to sleep. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised at the gorgeous quality of the drydown when I wake up the next day, but most of the times the fragrances are gone in the morning...
12 years ago
For the night, lately I am really into Frederic Malle's L'Eau d'Hiver and Hermès Hiris.

But I admit that my changes go with the seasons and also depending on my mood. However I will go scentless for that night if I got headache (obviously) Very Happy
11 years ago
Gold:
I have to confess that I regularly test new scents (only the ones which I liked at first sniff during the day) on my wrist at night - I spray them on and experience them while I go to sleep. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised at the gorgeous quality of the drydown when I wake up the next day, but most of the times the fragrances are gone in the morning...

That's pretty courageous! I need something dependable if I am to succeed in falling asleep...

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
MNQ:

Usually its any form of Lavender oil (Neal's Yard), Lavender cologne or spray (Yardley, Healing Garden)...quite the night owl so if all else fails and its past the witching hour, its usually vintage "Magie Noire"!

Guerlain Aqua Allegora "Lavande Velours" is a good choice, and it's also not a scent that I would really wear anywhere else... In fact, I totally associate lavender with baths and sleeping!
Cool
11 years ago
I recently sprayed on some "Bois des Iles" by Chanel before going to sleep. This scent has a really soothing and relaxing effect on me, it almost felt like a motherly hug.
11 years ago
I find a lot of fragrances suffocating if I wear them to bed.

For some reason I like wearing Annick Goutal "Mandragore" to bed... but only in the winter.
11 years ago
I have no guilty conscience, so no bed time fragrance for me.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Perfumes for bedtime wear?
1 - 25 by 44
Jump to