Search Forum

Fake Fracas?

Fake Fracas? 10 years ago
I bought a 4ml bottle of Fracas on ebay some months ago. I'd been wanting to try this perfume for ages and thought it was glorious. I splashed out on a FB and put the mini on ebay. The buyer wrote to me saying she is sure it is not the real thing. I am mortified, of course, to find myself the unwitting seller of fake perfume. Oh no!

Has anyone else come across this bottle? I will try to attach a photo. I have posted the pic on the Fracas page too.
10 years ago
10 years ago
Cincy:
Looks like this one.

www.auntjudysattic.com/product_detail_DP_cs40. htm

Thanks! I'll send that link to the buyer. So maybe it is real, then.
10 years ago
I think it's real. I've bought one of those off of ebay and mine sure smells real.
10 years ago
Cruella:
This is the Fracas that was produced while the license for Robert Piguet belonged to a company that didn't really invest in quality. If you want to try the real Fracas you need to buy the one that comes in the black bottle.
Do you happen to know which company that was or where I could read more about it?
10 years ago
Cruella:
The good bottles are like this www.robertpiguetparfums.com/ they are all black, some of the low quality piguets from the previous company were also black but the label was different, so don't get confused.

I bought one of the good bottles for my mother. I agree...it is beautiful stuff once again. Smile
Sure Test 4 years ago
Yes, I'm familiar with this FAKE #FRACAS on eBay, as I had brought it myself... and came to the conclusion that it IS FAKE because it never "settles down"... it only disappears!

And, if there's one thing Fracas lovers know, it's that Fracas fragrance NEVER #disappears! To the contrary, Fracas has survived baths!... and your whole bathroom will be filled with its fragrance during a shower! Oh, and on a warm summer's day, perspiring turns to a lovely thing, as the heavenly scent slowly exudes from your body... delicious.

When my daughter was very little, I'd leave scarves with her if I was away from her; even when she was no longer a toddler, I'd do this. Oh, that beautiful gorgeous scent - she knew it and loved it as "mama," just as I knew it and loved it as "Fracas."

It is at times like this (and many others) that one is happy... satisfied... relaxed... feeling beautiful... feeling sexy... feeling contented (hard to come by)... all due to this gorgeous fragrance!

It's not easy to tell the little bottle of FAKE FRACAS if you haven't had it in a while because of the fact that the freshly-sprayed fake is FRESH, so one's not quite sure since it's reminiscent of the real thing when first sprayed. Frankly THIS is the reason I'd come to this site - to see if I could find something about the eBay product, not the many GENUINE, easy to recognize BOTTLES selling there.

Incidentally, the seller WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY if you don't like what I now refer to as "The Fake Fracas," or if you have any issues whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I would advise AGAINST putting it (eBay's tiny bottle of FAKE Fracas) on CLOTHING, PILLOWS, SCARVES, etc.. as it becomes NASTY, PUTRID as time wears on and only PART of the fragrance dissipates while part (some really HORRIBLE part) remains. I'm serious, it's literally sickening.

... while genuine FRACAS is forever fabulous.
Notify about new comments
Jump to