Search Forum

What are your favorite Caron scents?

What are your favorite Caron scents? 4 years ago
I have been a fan of this fragrance line for many years.
Last year, it was found out that they were discontinuing many perfumes from this illustrious house such as Nuit de Noel, Farnesiana, Tabac Blond, Poivre, etc... literally the whole line of classics. Very disconcerting knowledge to say the least.
Before it was all sold, I was able to acquire some Alpona (I thought this was discontinued over 10 years ago?) and Coup de Fouet (another one I thought was discontinued many years ago).
I can say those two were my most wanteds for years till then. I am glad they are now a part of my fragrance collection.

I have quite a few of Carons, not all of them but enough such as:
1) Pour Un Homme Eau de Toilette
2) Pour Un Homme Millisime 2014
3) Impact Homme parfum (perfume of PUH)
3) Tabac Blond Eau de Toilette
4) Tabac Blond Eau de Parfum
5) Accord 119 Eau de Parfum
and lastly, Nuit de Noel Eau de Toilette, vintage 80s

I wished I could have more of them but with so much of the line discontinued, I'd have to scour eBay and I just can't do that. I have a spending problem as it is!

Of all the ones I own listed, I would say Tabac Blond and Alpona are neck and neck the ones I absolutely LOVE. Both leather chypres of the highest order.

Well, please let us know what are you favorites!
Re: What are your favorite Caron scents? 4 years ago
SilverStache:
Last year, it was found out that they were discontinuing many perfumes from this illustrious house such as Nuit de Noel, Farnesiana, Tabac Blond, Poivre, etc... literally the whole line of classics. Very disconcerting knowledge to say the least.

That's absolutely heartbreaking! I thought I read somewhere that William Fraysse, house perfumer Richard Fraysse's son, was bringing back the classics. Then again, that might be wishful thinking on my part.

My favorites:
· "Violette Précieuse"
· "Pour Un Homme de Caron"
· "Aimez-Moi", "Bellodgia"
· "Pour Une Femme de Caron"
· "Muguet du Bonheur"
· "Parfum Sacré"
· "Nocturnes"
4 years ago
@Exciter76
Yes, all the classics are not listed on their website any longer. I just checked this afternoon and they have some new ones with a few older ones : Pois de Senteur and N'Aimez que Moi and that's it.
www.parfumscaron.com/en
There are some very new ones: Tabac Noir (very interested in trying this one day), Rose Ebene, Rose Ivoire, and Tubereuse Merveilleuse which sounds very interesting. But all the older ones we have known and loved are no longer listed on the site.
I heard there is a new perfumer in charge, Jean Jacques. I hope all they are doing is updating the old catalog to keep it IFRA compliant and they will all be back in some form? But part of me is not holding my breath sadly.
4 years ago
My favourite from the brand is Secret oud parfum (2009) which is discontinued/and reformulated with the same name. Will be getting some samples to see what else the house has to offer
4 years ago
I own a couple of the recent versions of pure parfums - a tiny bottle of Tabac Blond and En Avion - as well as collected samples of other extraits (Acaciosa, Poive), and I have to say that I actually prefer to wear the less hallowed EDP versions of Parfum Sacre, Farnesiana, etc. The parfums break my heart because many of them are best in vintage form - the EDPs, being more recent, seem to be free of these weighty expectations! I can relax and enjoy them more, without suspecting that a better version of them exists far in the past where I can't reach them. Hope that makes sense!
4 years ago
pour an homme and yatagan
4 years ago
Tabac Blond
3rd Man
Pour Un Homme
4 years ago
Hey there, I have got three Caron colognes, namely:
- Yuzu Man, the first that joined my collection, zesty and dry
- L'Anarchist, the original reddish flask made of brass, that smells like blood
- Pour un Homme, the last, but not least, a blast of lavender and vanille
They are so different one another that I cannot choose one as the best. Still, I am looking for Yatagan and Le 3eme Homme.
4 years ago
My favorite is Yatagan, but I wear Pour Un Homme much more. Mainly when I sleep.
Re: What are your favorite Caron scents? 3 years ago
Exciter76
SilverStache:

That's absolutely heartbreaking! I thought I read somewhere that William Fraysse, house perfumer Richard Fraysse's son, was bringing back the classics. Then again, that might be wishful thinking on my part.

My favorites:
· "Violette Précieuse"
· "Pour Un Homme de Caron"
· "Aimez-Moi", "Bellodgia"
· "Pour Une Femme de Caron"
· "Muguet du Bonheur"
· "Parfum Sacré"
· "Nocturnes"

My favorite for many, many years now has been La Nuit de Noël. I even used splurge each end of November by going to the Caron boutique across from the Elysée in Paris. I started out about 20 years ago by buying the EdT version in the 200ml fillable bottle that got discontinued. Then I took the step to the perfume version, which I prefer since there’s a dry vetiver side that comes out. Last year I found out it had been discontinued and bought a few bottles off eBay. No chance of its coming back based on what I’ve been told in the stores...

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What are your favorite Caron scents?
Jump to