Search Forum

Need help for a women’s fragrance gift!

Need help for a women’s fragrance gift! 4 years ago
Well, in less than a month from now Is the birthday of a very close friend of mine, and because I know she is out of fragrance such a gift seems like a good idea. Before you rush judging me, I am well aware of the fact that perfumes are a very personal case and finding the proper gift for someone is extremely difficult. Even though, I would like to try because I know her very well, as well as her tastes for perfume.

Now to the important part. She is fond of fresh and oriental smells, light and not clouding. Her past favourite fragrance was Estēe Lauder’s La mouse-Chic. She detests anything too sweet and woody. I am looking for something that tells a story of a successful and independent woman who is not looking for easy flirting but wants to charm with her power without letting her female side slip away and stop existing, it is just not her main way to impress.

Also if possible I would like it to be an eau de parfum, and cause it is easier for me to find them in my nearby stores, one of these brands:
Armani
JeanPaul Gautier
Versace
Bvlgari
Cartier
Tom Ford
Mont Blanc
Prada

Thank you in advance!
4 years ago
Hello! I think you must check:

Prada La Femme
Gucci Bloom (I nkow you didn't mentioned Gucci, but usually it's pretty easy to find Wink )
Cartier Baiser Vole
Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge
Bulgari Aqua Divina

Good luck and let us know!
4 years ago
@GreMuse thank you very much I will check on the recommendations and let you know! Very Happy
4 years ago
I'm of a rare school of thought--perfumes make thoughtful and lovely gifts. Some of my most cherished perfumes came to me as unsolicited gifts. I think the only requirement should be the amount of thought you put into picking your gift.

I am going to assume she is a Leo? They are some of the most exciting and bold people I've ever met! I think her perfume should reflect that, while also keeping her preferences in mind. GreMuser provided an excellent list and I wholeheartedly agree with every suggestion made. I'd like to throw in a few more, even though they fall outside of your designer list:

☆ "Idôle" by Lancôme
☆ "Honeysuckle & Jasmine" by Jo Malone
☆ "Idylle (Eau de Parfum)" by Guerlain
☆ "N°19 (Eau de Toilette)" by Chanel
☆ "Chance (Eau de Parfum)" by Chanel
Exciter 76 answer 4 years ago
Well, first of all thank you for your time, any answer is welcome! I checked on your list and they are worth trying. Even though I had a very hard time finding Chanel perfumes anywhere around Crying or Very sad . As for her zodiac sign, she is a Sagittarius, but with all due respect I am not a big fan of zodiac signs and astrology. Again, thanks and any other fragrance that crosses your mind I, or better nose Laughing , is welcome in my to check list! Very Happy
4 years ago
I'd recommend:

Armani Si Fiori edp : this is strong, very feminine and is a great gift choice in my opinion. But it might be a tad too sweet. Give it a spritz if you come across it Smile

Tom Ford Shanghai lily (oriental floral), Jasmin Rouge (beautiful jasmine), champaca absolute (creamy white floral)
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Need help for a women’s fragrance gift!
Jump to